Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day

donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NATIONAL CARBONATED BEVERAGE WITH CAFFEINE DAY

Unique food holidays, such as National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day, give us opportunities to break out of our everyday norms. On November 19th, explore the variety of carbonated beverages with caffeine.  

Some people cannot have caffeine due to medical reasons, and others choose to avoid caffeine as a personal choice. Then there are the millions of people who reach for the caffeine every morning and sometimes all day long. The same applies to carbonated beverages. Today’s celebration combines the two of them.

In 1767, Englishman Joseph Priestly suspended a bowl of distilled water above a beer vat at a local brewery in Leeds, England. His experiment led to a method of infusing water with carbon dioxide to make carbonated water. Priestly’s invention of carbonated water is the major and defining component of most soft drinks.

Advertisement

Caffeine acts as a central nervous system stimulant, temporarily warding off drowsiness and restoring alertness. Ninety percent of adults in North America consume caffeine daily. Some people notice sleep disruption after drinking beverages containing caffeine. Though, others see no disturbance at all.

Other terms for carbonated beverages include sparkling, bubbly, or effervescent. Almost any beverage can be carbonated, though not every beverage should be carbonated. Sodas are the most common caffeinated, carbonated drinks, but some makers can add some fizz to cold-brewed coffee these days. In addition, certain sparkling waters infuse flavors and add caffeine for that extra boost. 

Enjoy your favorite carbonated and caffeinated beverage. Pour it over ice for a cold and invigorating refreshment. Invite someone to join you and toast the day. Are you looking for some ways to mix up your carbonated beverage with caffeine? Well, we’ll help you out a bit then.

• Wine and soda together are nothing new. It’s a spritzer. Only this time, you’re adding a caffeinated soda to the ice, wine, and garnish.
  • Ice cream soda is a classic cold beverage, and it comes caffeinated. So you get the caffeine and brain freeze all in one. What more could you want?
  • There is a whole lineup of rum and cola drinks. Any one of them is bound to hit the spot.
  • One name brand combines our favorite hot caffeinated beverage with our favorite carbonated one. 

Used in a sentence: I wish there was something more interesting that National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day to post about.

Well, there just might be, depending upon how you were raised and what your family/friends did for recreation.

NATIONAL MONOPOLY DAY

The object of the game is to collect as many properties as you can to create a monopoly. When players land on your property, you get to collect rent. The more properties you own, the more money you make, too. But watch out, there are taxes and other fees involved. To win the game, you need to bankrupt your opponents and be the last landowner standing. Many families have house rules that make the game more interesting, too. 

Monopoly also comes in numerous versions. Do you enjoy a particular book or movie franchise or hobby? The game likely comes in themes focusing on famous characters and likely scenarios. How about sports teams or pop culture? Monopoly money goes there, too!

Used in a sentence: Monopoly is a fine activity in between Dawg games.

Comments

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Don, unless my beer has caffeine in it, I won't be celebrating the National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day. Beer is the only carbonated drink I do. I put down sodas over 15 years ago and haven't missed them one bit. On very few occasions, I've had a splash of tonic in a vod ka drink. Don't do the fizzy waters either..... By no means nothing wrong with it, just sort of went away with the sodas with me.

• Options

ghost - I seldom have soft drinks anymore, either. On occasion, I cook up something nice to watch a dawg game I might indulge. Its pretty much OJ, pom juice and water for this lad.

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coke. It’s Coke Day.

• Options