Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Mary Beth Smart Interview on Athens Local Radio -- Link

DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mary Beth Smart was on the local AM station in Athens this morning for a little less than an hour. The link will take you to the 960 the Ref audio on demand page. The episode to look for if you'd like to listen to it is called, "Mary Beth Smart 11.19.21"

Hoping it's okay to post this link since this station also airs a weekly segment with @MikeGriffith (Tuesdays at 8am, I think) as well as @DawgNationDaily podcast at noon each day.

Comments

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did Mrs Smart play for Andy Landers back in the day when they were battling Tennessee for SEC Championships and tournament seedings and things like that. I do remember her because Georgias Women's Basketball was a thing back then but I honestly don't keep up anymore.

• skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Y’all this is a great interview give it a listen, …. She says she and Kirby are DAWGS and hate Florida ! And Apparently the only thing / person Kirby is afraid of is his mamma - perfect nuff saidc

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Yes, @emanresu , she's the Lady Dawgs hoop star you remember. Lycette (sp, sorry) was her last name back then.

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, I loved me some Lady Dawgs going back to the 80s but incredibly neither the Mens or Women's programs can seem to gain any real traction and hopefully that'll change soon because Hugh Durham and Andy Landers were my guys BUT VINCE DOOLEY WAS THE GUY.