Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live blog Georgia Senior Day vs. Charleston Southern: Style points, Kirby’s Senior Day flashback

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageLive blog Georgia Senior Day vs. Charleston Southern: Style points, Kirby’s Senior Day flashback

Welcome to the DawgNation Live Blog, where scoring, news and injuries will be updated in real time from Sanford Stadium

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Speaking for Me. I’d love to see the Dawgs get a totally dominant score up Quickly. I know Kirby will more than apt start with Stets. But then I’d like to see a pretty significant amount of JT. Then Brock. Lastly Beck. I may anger some folks by that and I really don’t mean to. But I think there’s a strong likelihood that next year will be competition from JT, Brock, Gunner. Stets won’t be coming back. Nothing At All against him. Beck will transfer. So that’s Why I’d like to see this. Also a footnote JT will Still have to compete and Win the starting spot in Kirby’s eyes as will ALL of them that are at UGA next year. I think JT would win on experience giving him the edge.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs need to play pretend. Pretend they are down 38-0 !! Gotta tie that score by Half or Kirby will be very angry !! Then go on to lead Huge in the second half !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The tipped pass is a reminder as to why SB should not be QB1. I am looking forward to hearing the real story at year end.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Somewhat off-topic, but I have a question and this seems like it will be the most frequented article for a while.

I have the SECN, and my streaming service is saying the game is in my library. It's not. The link in the "how to watch" article was also a dead end. Adding to the aggravation is the fact that the actual SECN game is New Mexico State at Kentucky. Slap in the face. It's years' worth of petty BS like this that give people the impression that ESPN just doesn't like/respect Georgia. But I digress.

Anyway, my question is, does anybody know if/when this game will be replayed? Like, is there a specific day/time each week that Georgia games get replayed (I'm assuming on SECN)? Thanks.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SEC network replays the SEC games at random....but they will replay it. Go to the channel listings. Why they did not air this game tells you something.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I hate these amateur games, but GO DAWGS!! Yawn. Just an opportunity for more injuries.

Okay, gotta say Ohio State might be our toughest potential future opponent. CJ Stroud (20/21, 294 yards passing, 3 TDs) and Ohio State dismantling Sparty....35-0.....in only Q2.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, when JT gets into the game, if he gets a pass tipped, Brock should replace him. If Brock gets a pass tipped, Beck. Who’s up after Beck? Where’s the logic?

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s not about a single tipped pass. It’s because of his limitations. Can you honestly not tell the difference between how JT throws the ball and SB? There is no comparison. SB is a nice story, but should not see the field again this season unless UGA is blowing out GT.

• Options

@Spdawg...understand what you're saying and agree about JT's arm, but obviously as has been stated ad nauseum, Kirby feels like Stet's mobility and playmaking ability gives him the slight edge over JT.

All I can say is at least we've got JT as an excellent, better than average, backup QB. I just want him to get as many reps as possible before December.

• Options

UGA better put up better than 70 pts to remain #1 and 0 for CS......Ohio State is annihilating MS...ranked 7th...Last I looked 42- zip and they were threatening to score again. OSU has come alive this last half of season. They have a very good QB. Stetson is doing ok....JT much smoother delivery of mail.....and was sacked on one busted play...Kirby shook his head. I hope JT is not hurt. He will not let on until game's end. Can Stets beat Ohio State?

• Options

UGA had to punt...!!!!!!!??? Against these guys??? Just sayin'...Blaylock played a down. So good to see him on field. UGA cannot fool around..they need to pile up the score. 2nd team not looking good. Defense back on field.

• Options

They're not just going to jump to #1 because of one game. At least they shouldn't. Ohio State's strength is their passing game. MSU has the worst passing defense in the country. And it's showing. To drop Georgia at this point would be to punish them strictly for the quality of their opponent, which obviously would be neither fair nor rational.

• Options
    edited November 2021

@UGA66...yes, can't believe this same MSU team beat Michigan. I think Ohio State will have a tougher game next weekend in Ann Arbor. Michigan will have its hands full if Stroud is still as hot as he is today.

Dawgs#1 Defense will probably be the difference against a high scoring, high flying offense like Ohio State. Their receivers - Wilson, Olave, Smith-Njigba are among the best in college football. Their RB Henderson is a beast who is tough as nails and very durable. Their defense is very good. In my estimation, they are our toughest potential opponent we will have in the playoffs. They should be ranked higher than Oregon even though the Ducks beat them in Week 2. Ohio State is much better now. I think Oregon will lose to Utah later today.

• Options

Now they have scored!!!!!!!!!!! We look like a bunch of 1st game freshmen. Cannot let this happen....they are an inferior program. Smart has to regain upper hand....1st string. I was afraid this would happen. CS has a fair to good QB. Cannot jeopardize our standing at this point. No they won't win...their scoring makes us look weak.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have seen Stets throw some excellent passes against the best competition we will play until the SECCG. I have also seen him make some excellent plays with his legs…not exactly JT’s forte.

• Options
  • Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's just silly. Let the 3/4th string get some game time. Don't get anyone hurt. The ranking isn't in jeopardy and it doesn't matter anyway - win out and it's all good. Not to mention have a bit of sympathy for the little guys today...