Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida football reportedly parts ways with Dan Mullen after loss to Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageFlorida football reportedly parts ways with Dan Mullen after loss to Missouri

Florida football fired Dan Mullen on Sunday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gosh I sure hate to hear this ! Ole Dan is such a great coach for UF. I was hoping he’d be there for years to come. But I guess The Force wasn’t with him. Bye Bye Dan !! 😢😀🤪

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, that's a shame.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NOOO!!

Oh well, nothing we can do about it. Their track record hasn't been great lately, maybe they'll make another bad decision.

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

I hope Florida rots in the pit of football purgatory forever...UGA owns the slime from GaTURDville

Go Dawgs

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Classless move by Shrinkwrap (MO coach). I guess he wants to become the new SECe Mullen. Out of the mold of Mullen and Spurrier. Those kind of guys are not who you want as the face of your program/school. Will look forward to UGA humbling him until he is fired. CKS has created a program killer in Athens. UGA crushed the Mullen FU program. Clemson (not a peep out of "Aw, shucks" Dabo this season) still hasn't recovered from their program crushing beatdown. Really wish Mullen had stayed. Next guy will probably recruit FL much better.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only thing that bothers me about Coach Clown leaving is the possibility of Urban coming back to Gainesville.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely saw this coming following Mizzou loss. Dan the man Mullen is now in the U of FL history books. They will pony up big for the next point man. Who will it be? I have an idea next up will be a very good recruiter. No UGA coaches, please.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Such a sad day to see Mullen leave....NOT!!

Florida deserves better, but it just cannot be Dan Lanning!

• SatbodSatbod Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

“Oh Danny Boy, the pipes are calling…it’s you must go…”

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe uga boosters can put together a "Keep Dan Mullen" fundraising campaign, for the Lizards.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

(Sub)urban never won anything on his own. His gameplan has always been to come in and win off someone else's groundwork and then leave when the tide starts turning. If he came to florida now he'd be working with Mullet's hand-me-downs. Besides, after what he is doing in Jacksonville, I don't think the state wants him.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Local carnivals are always hiring, Dan..🤡

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 275 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think Mullen abandoned or betrayed Grantham or Hevesy. For those who don't know, Florida is a rather elongated state. He simply had to use two of his closest agents to divide the state (which charges no state income tax) to search for the best retirement community available (Gated only)!

• MccookMccook Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Seems “The Force ( OUT)” was With Mullins today in Gainesville Fla

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The good news they might hire a coach who knows what he's doing. The bad news is we will still beat them.😎

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, that was not cool. As a leader, you never abandon any of your subordinates in the middle of the battle, just to try and save your own skin. You regroup and find solutions after the battle is over. Each season is a battle. If you need to let anyone go, do it after the season is over. Their season was unsalvageable at that point anyway. Live or die, finish it out together? It's more respectable going out like that. Now, no quality coach will want to work under Mullen.