Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia stock report: Brock Bowers solid gold season continues

SystemSystem Posts: 10,668 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: Brock Bowers solid gold season continues

ATHENS — Georgia football continued its historically successful season with the blowout win everyone anticipated on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

JT looked good. A great team always needs to great QB's.

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

For a guy who constantly reminds us about how much he knows about football (MG)… below is my post from August. Of course, you totally missed #41 bc you were probably “stirring the pot”in the kitchen instead of paying attention.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I agree. Channing Tindall was a high 4-star coming out of high school, and has flashed brilliantly with the little playing time he'd previously been given. I'm not surprised by his impact... he just needed to be on the field to make it. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 279 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike,

That 190 for CKS. Was it kilograms (before they removed the Krugerands from his pockets, I'm guessing).

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ladd was doing his thing at Punt returner! Got some serious wiggle.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Georgia has just one pass reception over 40 yards in the past five games.” And your point considering Dawgs won all five — in case you haven’t noticed? MG the downer always has to find a QB negative. You appear to be building a case for “I told you so!” in the event of a future loss.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgOnTheBeach

Stock report is a weekly analytical post, 99 percent of which positive, and zero negative (It's Stock "Even") . There's also a report card, which points out good and bad from each game -- that runs on Sunday.

-- Also, I can't take credit for the 40-yard pass stat - Gene Chizek mentioned it on the SEC Network before the CS game -- thought for sure we'd see a 40-plus on Senior Day.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree on all and all will be tested as UGA goes to post-season play. Hate to ask for more with this level of riches but would I’ve to see more throws to Washington. He is a huge (no pun intended) mismatch across the board.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

PS. Ref no pass reception over 40 yards, guess MG missed the fact that, Bennett is second in the nation in yards per pass attempt, behind only Coastal Carolina’s Grayson McCall. If you go by passing efficiency, Bennett is fifth nationally.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 334 ✭✭✭ Junior

Some of you kill me with how butt-hurt you get with Mike and his coverage. IMO he is one of the best who are currently covering the Dawgs. Much of what we have is a bunch of fans covering their team, and A LOT of the content comes from people who see through the lens of just that: A FAN. Mike is extremely thorough and completely unbiased…and when you have that it’s not always flowers and balloons. What it is, though, is the truth.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stock even....means stationary....not moving....nothing new....status quo.....for a QB that is a negative of sorts...is what MG is saying. I would never perceive it as an excuse for future failure...personally. It is just fact. Against Bama and say Ohio State...our QB crew better be stellar! I am confident Stetson and JT, if needed, will be up to the task...right now Stets is the #1 QB for UGA...per Kirby Smart. Can he beat Bama and OSU? We shall see...hopefully. These may well be defensive battles. I have a strong feeling UGA can beat Bama...beyond that OSU would prove formidable...but beatable.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike used to irritate me at times too. I think those who read him here and get irritated need to see him speak about us on Tv. He’ll passionately defend our strengths and successes but is extremely objective about failures/shortcomings.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am simply amazed by Brock Bowers. His versatility will come in handy with Bama and beyond. Big fella, strong and deceptively fast...good end and a good extended back. Scoring machine...8 TDs.

• Options
    Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are a few things that keep coming to mind when I watch Bowers play. “My God a freshman” is at the top of that list.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suppose it depends on which recruiting service you look at but, according to Rivals, Tindall (5.9) was a medium 4*. 6.0 being a high 4* and 5.8 being a lower 4*. Considering Tindall's 41 total tackles and 6.5 sacks in THREE previous seasons I think it is pretty safe to say that his production this year is surprising. Especially when you consider he was outproducing AAnderson over the same stretch.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would of had the offense as even, mainly because they had Camarda punt 5 TIMES in this game. Just saying

GO DAWGS!!!!!