Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-Alabama: Live updates, injury report, practice news for 2021 SEC Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Alabama: Live updates, injury report, practice news for 2021 SEC Championship Game

Georgia football takes on Alabama in the 2021 SEC Championship Game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't like it one bit that the betting line is moving up, in favor of GA. If too many people are betting on GA, then Vegas will step in to pay the refs off. And no, it's not a conspiracy theory. Vegas doesn't mind losing a few $millions. But they will not not lose upwards of 30 $millions. The 2017 National Championship game already has enough proofs of what I'm saying. Go back and watch that game if you don't believe me.

• CballGetBallCballGetBall Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

So Alabama has No one injured on their team? Anyway, Dawgs should take this one this year as long as we don't turn the ball over and the offense is performing up to par. GO DAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

We'll definitely miss our leading pass rusher Anderson....Tindall and Dean will need to be tracking and constantly in Young's face. Young will pick us apart if we give him much time in the pocket. Auburn sacked Young 7 times plus was disruptive all game. THAT was a key to keeping the game so close. I'm a bit concerned about our O-line. I just hope they are up for the challenge. We'll need to establish some kind of decent running game. Bama will load the box and make Stet pass. My guess is Monken's game plan is to get the ball out of Stet's hand quickly including short passes outside to the RBs.

Hoping to see Jackson and Pickens on the field Saturday.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As usual you make Good and Reasonable comments. On our O line I’m with you. But here’s a place where the Big O Darnell and big Fitz need to have a great game Blocking as well as catching and running the ball. Those two can be a Big help for our O line !! Our RBs need to as Kirby said Strain !! And they Will, I’m confident of it !! As You said in one of your earlier comments there will be no lack of motivation for This Dawgs team !! And Again agreeing with You, the Love and Unity they have with one another truly defines the word Team !! Look out Saban and Tide there’s a Rabid Dawg headed your way !! Go Dawgs !!

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate to see doubtful after Chris Smith’s name

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is it with Gary Danielson? He knows the game, often makes astute observations, but still manages to create the itch I cannot reach!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Common opponents: Arkansas, Auburn, and Florida. For the Dawgs, two beat downs and one Kirby wanted to break and totally accomplished the mission.. For Bama, they were lucky to escape with wins.

This Bama team just flat out doesn’t look or play like a Saban coached team. Saban’s comments after the Auburn fiasco didn’t even sound like Saban. Could the end be near?

The talk about the escape from Jordan/Hare being a Heisman moment for Young borders on insanity! No, it’s up to the eyeballs in insanity!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Seems like it'd be a lot easier just to adjust the line? I mean isn't that why it's rising in the first place?

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sent Lincoln Riley a text this evening: "Bring JT Daniels back home. Helluva story. Helluva quarterback."

JT's wasting his time in Athens. Kirby Smart can recruit, and he can build a defense (w/help), but he doesn't know a quarterback from a kumquat. And I expect we are about to lose another NFL caliber arm + brain. We'll see.

Wow. Maybe we should watch the game first. But hey, the !!UGA can't lose!! bandwagon is certainly plowing ahead, full speed. I'd just say, anyone questioning Saban's coaching skills, especially in one game at a neutral site, is probably playing the house's game. But, as I say, we'll see.

"Up to par" for the offense has become the norm. Let's just do enough and let the D win the game. All while sitting on a devastating O attack that Monken was brought in, specifically, to implement. But yeah, let's revert to KS safe zone, pound the ball and keep the pre-season Heisman QB on the bench. Brilliant.

Not sure UGA will "break the will" of Alabama. Sounds nice on a poster but those gents are just as big and fast as ours.

Maybe we should strap 'em on and go play the game. I, for one, am not yet ready to drink the UGA "invincible" kool-aid.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

The common opponents that Bama barely survived with their Heisman leader, not a preseason Heisman hopeful, was crushed BOTH offensively and defensively by the Dawgs. The reason all the games Stets has started have been blowouts (you have a totally illogical definition of "just do enough") is not because of Kirby's "safe zone", it's because when opponents stuffed the box to stop the run, Kirby and Monken turned Stets loose to throw over the top creating the emergence of Bowers and McKonkey. It's not that I don't appreciate JT as a Dawg, it's just that I'm not blinded by the stars he had coming out of high school which mean absolutely nothing the first day he stepped on a college campus.

Based on your argument against Bennett, you should also be complaining about Jordan Davis, a three star prospect playing in front of highly decorated prospects when they came out of high school. Davis and Bennett are primary contributors to a team that is far and away the number one team in the nation and have earned their roles as starters.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love that picture. It's Smart saying "you are going down my friend" with Saban saying "you know, if we don't make the playoffs this year I might just quit".

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Common opponents: Arkansas, Auburn, and Florida." You forgot Tennessee, but they beat them about as bad as we did.