Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Unis for the Natty Title

Comments

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Just saw this on Twitter (probably)

Not down voting you but the thought of wearing the power ranger unis again.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2018

I googled the new uniforms. I am glad to say the above photo is around 6 years old.

I am confident that Kirby wouldn’t allow that uniform to be worn during his tenure.

• NawfDawgNawfDawg Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

@mlee said:
    Red is less distractions and we really need all the focus we can get for this game!

This is not a Mark Richt coached team, the boys will be focused no matter what jersey we wear...

• tbiatbia Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree with sticking with the white.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I honestly don't know the answer to this one: Will there be a rankings release before the championship? If so, we may not be the home team...???

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But I don't think Kirby is a big fan of wearing anything other than our traditional unis. UGA's brand is strong enough to eliminate gimmick unis, jmo.

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

@georgiaboy said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Just saw this on Twitter (probably)

Hated these Nike Assault uni's

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg said:
    Kirby seems to be progressive in some areas of coaching and he can be old school in others.

Changing up jerseys may not be in his wheel house.

If wearing black helps with recruiting, wear them once in awhile.

If they wore any black, I’d forgotten about these pants. Check out Kirb rockin em back in the day. I think he forgot to tie his shoelaces though...

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@Reeldawg said:
    Kirby seems to be progressive in some areas of coaching and he can be old school in others.

Changing up jerseys may not be in his wheel house.

If wearing black helps with recruiting, wear them once in awhile.

If they wore any black, I’d forgotten about these pants. Check out Kirb rockin em back in the day. I think he forgot to tie his shoelaces though...

Kirby, tie those shoes. You gonna trip. Has Mark Richt even lost control of dressing habits?

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2018

The Rose Bowl pants and jerseys were brand new as they have been for all teams since this format started. I imagine Nike had already produced new red and white jerseys for next week with the championship patches sewn in just like newspapers and hats/t-shirts are produced before the game is played. Had Clemson won and they had not produced a second set of white jerseys with the chrome Nike Swoosh they would have had to remove the Rose Bowl patch, replace it with the Championship patch and sew the number back on one of the players that had been pulled I assume by a Sooner. How the hell do they have one penalty for five yards?

I like the traditional red jersey and think it looks better on TV. My daughter’s black Fromm jersey that has stitched numbers, name and patches just arrived today and does look very nice close up.

Was it me or did the White Jerseys at the SEC Championship have a bit of a dingy hue to them in person and TV. Might have been the lighting or multiple games used.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@georgiaboy said:

Believe me, no offense taken. I feel horrible for even joking about it.

• HotDiggetyDawgHotDiggetyDawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

@RedDawg said:
    We are gonna wear red. no doubt.

Interesting fact though: White makes you look bigger. Black and darker colors are slimming. (you can thank my wife for her input)

I noticed that in the Bama Clemson game for sure. I have actually been hoping we wear the white again. After the performances against Auburn and OU, I say don't change a thing. That being said, only care about the W obviously. Would be cool to allow the seniors to have their vote on it considering what they have done for this program by not only coming back but being incredible ambassadors for the team.

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As long as they don't add a friggin stripe on the helmets. I still cringe at the thought. I'll admit I'm a traditionalist, purist type. At first I didn't like taking the Stars and bones off the helmets. I loved the black J's against UF. Ppl think I'm crazy, but just once, NOT NOW, I wouldn't mind the silver helmets with a black G. I'm obviously no fashion designer but those just look tough to me for some reason. Just don't become anything like Oregon. Didn't they wear a different style every game last year? And that green..... it represented what my face was probably turning looking at most of em. Some were cool, but I don't give 2 $hits bout Oregon. And Boise state? Pleeeeeeze......lol. Good camo though!

• HotDiggetyDawgHotDiggetyDawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

PeachDoDawg

I'd love to see silver helmets in a regular game sometime. As far as Oregon, their changing of the uni's every game just reiterated what I already knew: they have zero pride in their program as evidenced by refusing to adhere to any form of tradition.

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Absolutely @HotDiggetyDawg. Agree all the way bud

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the black look really good and wouldn’t mind if they wore them. Not my preference mainly because it’s against Bama. Boy that game was rough.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wearing black sends a message; we need extra motivation to beat Bama. WEAR RED!

• NawfDawgNawfDawg Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Denmen185 said:
    Wearing black sends a message; we need extra motivation to beat Bama. WEAR RED!

This is the natty title...no extra motivation needed...if we needed extra motivation from jerseys we wouldn’t be here. This is not a Mark Richt coached team.