Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Dawg wins ACC Defensive POY

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageFormer Dawg wins ACC Defensive POY

How good is UGA’s defense?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had he stayed, he would be starting now and racking up stats against real competition in the SEC and CFP championship games. Instead his season is over

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, and Brenton Cox could have taken Kirby's advice and stayed...now his season, too, is over...

Sounds like Johnson's dad helped him make the decision...

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great for him. Ojulari went to the NFL last year after MVP of bowl game, Anderson suspended, Nolan Smith is great. He would have been rotating with R. Beal and would have been recieving plenty of NFL Game tape, AND been on N.C. caliber team in SEC Championship game, and potential national champ race... ACC Defensive player of year,,,,,ok but they finished where? in ACC/ nationally.. Still will be regarded inferior to those he left at UGA

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I guess he stands out more playing at FSU on that defense. I wonder what his numbers would looked like if he had stayed and with Adam Anderson gone for the rest of the season?😎

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How many acc teams are in the top 10? Oh. That's right. Zero. Congrats on his award. But it's like winning the NIT, in basketball, which means you are the 65th best basketball team. He did what he thought was best, for him. Hopefully, an NFL team will find something there and he can make some coin. Regardless he's probably worthy of the DGD title.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he had just just transferred without criticizing player rotation, people wouldn’t critical of him now. Kirby rotates defenders. That what he does. If he felt it was for no reason, fine. Just keep it to yourself.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He was the alpha on the Of the ACC on a defense that allowed 21.3 points per game and finished the season as non bowl eligible. Johnson and his dad did what they thought was right for him and it may have been. He had definitely come on strong late last year for the Dawgs and who knows what this year would have brought for him if he had stayed at Georgia. He achieved what he was after at Florida State so all is well. I wish him the best of luck with his future.

• Options
    tosssweeptosssweep Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

TEAM- UGA

me

ME- Jermaine Johnson

team

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When players transfer and succeed then it's obvious they made the right choice for them. What do we want them to do, fail? So we can say ha-ha you should have stayed at UGA? Come on, man. UGA fans are better than that.

I once got stuck behind the coach's pets on a baseball team in HS. I would have loved to have transferred.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with you @reddawg1. He transferred and has done well. And UGA kept it moving and has its sights set on an SEC and National Championship. Why deal with the what might have beens? At this point, it doesn't matter. Keep it classy and wish Jermaine well. Meanwhile, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

High tide floats all boats. If you look at team defenses (or offenses, for that matter) that have been dominant in the past, going back to the old University of Miami championship days, or more currently the likes of Bama and Clemson... those teams have pro scouts drooling over the whole roster, and multiple kids get drafted high. We'll see how Georgia does, as well as Jermaine. Best of luck to all. Go Dawgs!