Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia to face ‘dangerous’ Big Ten champ Michigan in College Football Playoff semifinal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia to face ‘dangerous’ Big Ten champ Michigan in College Football Playoff semifinal

ATLANTA — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart said the 41-24 loss to Alabama Saturday “reinvigorated energy” for the Bulldogs, and that’s a good thing for them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alright DawgNation, let’s get ready to say our ole motto…Maybe next year! All together now, especially if we start SB4!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonder how many reservations were canceled last night for Indianapolis.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

As a fan, our ONLY benchmark over the last 4 years is Bama. And we have not closed the gap as much as we all thought. Yes it’s great being in the CFP, but UGA is starved for a Natty. And until we beat Bama, we are quite frankly a media joke. We are the Buffalo Bills of college football. Not fair but reality. And beating Bama requires elite WRs and a elite QB, of which we have neither. Heck we can’t even get a 5 star WR to UGA based on Kirby’s worldview of wanting an elite D and an average O. Third world problems I know, but I see no end in sight to us to continuing to lose to Bama. Kirby’s philosophy will never win us a Natty.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby needs to hire a great QB coach and get out of the way!!

• Options
    T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Next year might be with Stetson at the helm again. What a thought!

• Options
    BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

It's not over yet but I truly believe that if Kirby don't make changes it will be

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing I saw last night gives me any hope that we will beat that team to the west, IF we get past mich. There has to be more going on with JT than we are being told. Is he still hurt, is he not liked by his teammates, is he quietly suspended? Answers instead of questions would be nice.

• Options
    JhmdJhmd Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

i have the utmost confidence in Stetson Bennett. That’s what he said. What a foolish statement. If you can’t be honest you can’t be trusted. And anyone who trusts Kirby at this point is just as foolish.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's a long time until the Michigan game. Anything can happen in Miami.

I do agree that the fans need to be told the truth about JT.

It just doesn't all add up the way he has been handled this year after he was cleared to play again.

• Options
    TenzaiTenzai Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

The problem is UGA's offense should be better than what was yesterday as well as the defense. Bama this year is not as talented as Georgia. Forgot which, but during one of UGA's games, it was said UGA has more 5*s than any team. Also, Smart should have pulled SB4 when he wasn't working but kept him in. And if UGA is as deep and accomplished as Bama's like you say (which I believe UGA is better on paper), then there really is no excuse for being blown out yesterday. Why wasn't it a close game like Auburn/Bama?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“The outside noise begins now,” Smart said. “We’ve heard it before.” Well try listening to us!!! What is going on with JT...we have one walk-on low star-rated QB period!!! Insanity in a CFPCP. We have already lost once...listen up, Kirby! You are still old school. I truly believed UGA would beat Bama.....lolololol...what a joke.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SB was not the problem yesterday until he was the problem. THe defense couldn't stop didly and BAMA had record numbers by half-time. WHen we got 2 TD's down, Bennet became a liability. the game manager portion of the game was over and we needed someone who could stand in the pocket and make snappy quick decisions and throw over the top of the linebackers or underneath them. SB changed the plays at the line of scrimmage a couple of times and he wasn't on the same page with the receivers that led to quick 3 and outs onpasses that weren't even close.

• Options
    BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

I don't think he's let JT come into any of these games and really do or show anything, simply because he would show Bennett up to bad and then everyone would know he's been lying about everything. There's something being covered up either way

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought Monken was a great coach. Something must have happened. What did I miss

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@reddawg1 it is refreshing to read a comment that does not place the entire blame for this loss on Bennett.

The last. Georgia quarterback I remember that could possibly put a team on his back and win the game was Stafford. I also believe he was the last quarterback to beat Bama.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT beat a stout Cincy team with 400 yards of passing against them when the run game was non-existent and they harrassed JT pretty well. THat same Cincy team minus a few seniors is in the playoffs. Definitely no slouch of a team. Time to start giving them credit.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 80 ✭✭ Sophomore

Our group of Dawg fans were as a whole really convinced that the time had come. We were gonna beat Alabama. I believed even with our walk-on QB the Dawgs were the better team. I'm old, I have seen the Dogs win it all but truthfully I have forgotten how it felt. That game was going to be my booster shot, it was gonna prove we could actually beat Bama regardless of the Saban Voodoo. Then some other Ga. team shows up and it's the same old let down. That game took a lot out of me and no I'm not over it yet, this one is going to take longer!