Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Smart and playoff-bound Dawgs have some fixes, decisions to make

13»

Comments

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirbys gonna start Stetson again, so ain’t nothing gettin corrected. We have a fun regular season anyway.

• MacroDawgMacroDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yes, you have a point, but that was the wrong time to be that aggressive. It was mid third quarter (so lot of time left) and the field goal would have brought the deficit down to 11 points and probably change the momentum of the game. Going on that 4th down reeked of desperation. Kirby always make those bad decisions at the wrong time like that fake field goal against Alabama some years ago. At least he could have taken a timeout before going for the 4th if he deemed it that important of a play.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sad about the outcome of this game but realizing it will be hard for BAMA to beat this team twice - Kirby and crew will get this thing fixed!!

• honeylabhoneylab Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

In response to districtdawg5’s 3rd point on energy, I agree. I watched part of the Baylor game Saturday. Their players were rocking that sideline in support of the guys on the field. It’s such a pleasure to watch

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

A QB completes 60% of his passes, for 340 yards and 3 TDs, with a Pic6, another Int when the receiver inexplicably stops 2 yards from where the ball was on target. All against the now Number 1 team in the nation. If JT Daniels had that stat line, we all would be fine with his game, even in a loss. But since SBIV was the QB, we wrongly ignore the stat line and even try to blame him for the loss.

I think I will blame the HC for a foolish defense scheme, and the O-Line and D-Line for playing a game like they didn't have to win. Except for the sore-footed Jamaree Salyer who man-handled the best defensive player in America, even when he didn't get a little help.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree, Bennett wasn’t the only reason Georgia lost. However, does our defense have to play a perfect game because our offense can’t keep pace with an elite QB? We entered the game (played the entire season) knowing that Stetson makes bad decisions, that he doesn’t have an elite arm, that he is slow going through progressions and locks in on receivers. Knowing this, we entered the game without the ability to pass to catch up. That makes it near impossible to come back to win if defense doesn’t fire on all cylinders.

If JT was good enough to start over Stet to begin the season, why are we using Stet now when JT is healthy? I don’t know why Kirby would not even play JT in garbage time—that is my frustration with the QB situation. This is Kirby ball— he needs to rethink his offensive philosophy.