Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia opens as favorite over Michigan in CFP semifinal Orange Bowl after ‘eye-opening’ loss

2»

Comments

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Once Bama lost to A&M, every game became an elimination game for them. They had up and down games because while they are talented they lacked experience. They grinded out wins and developed a mental toughness. This was a toughness UGA lacked. It appeared not only the fans overdosed on rat poison so did the team. This is the results of when things become too easy.

Bama made UGA look like an upscale rent a win. Because the dawgs did not know how to respond to playing 4 meaningful quarters, from playing from behind and how to defend against a very good offense. This was all a very new and different experience for them.

You obviously know very little about Bama or Saban. I would challenge you to list the season that a Saban coached team lost 5 regular season games.

this was a game Georgia deserved to lose. I think it was a good loss if the team responses in a focused and positive way. If they do then and if they face Bama again this year they will have the advantage.

w

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@stone ”You obviously know very little about Bama or Saban. I would challenge you to list the season that a Saban coached team lost 5 regular season games.”

You are missing my point. 🤣

However, I agree that Georgia can use the humbling loss as a growth experience. 👍

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big Mike !!! Good to hear from you Brother !! I do Believe that the Dawgs Can beat Michigan. And I sure Hope they Do beat Michigan. Somebody down voted me for telling the Truth. But IF the same Dawgs team as far as quality of play show up verses Michigan then we lose. BUT I Think and I Hope the Dawgs will be Significantly Better by the time they play Michigan and there for Yes they Can get the W. About money. We see on the news All the time where politicians are bought and sold like the stock market Lol !! Why not sports ?? If someone waved enough $$$ at the right people Who’s to say they couldn’t be bought ?? I’m not gonna go into all the many details of Why and How. But I’d Love for someone to Tell and Explain to me how the Dawgs Defensive Front went from the Premier D Line in All college football to the **** joke they were this last Sat ?? But conversely the Bama O line went from the Swiss Cheese they were verses Auburn to a Very Good to Great O line they were verses the Dawgs one week later ?? As you said it defies logic !! Ah looking at your HS days !! Those were Great Days !! I graduated in 1975 and went in the Delayed Entry Program right after, went to Boot Camp that Nov. !! I never played organized football. I was in a vocational program where I could get out of school early. I had Long since Before had part time jobs but got my first Full Time job of 40+ hours a week and went to school at age 14 which I continued for the next 40 years until I was struck with all sorts of med issues and retired on disability. Going to the oncologist tomorrow to get blood drawn to check my “ numbers”. Man I am So Very sorry to hear about your wife. From my heart and soul my condolences to you. THANK YOU again for your Dedicated and Honorable service to our country !! Submariners are some of the most highly trained, dedicated, Best people in the. U.S. Navy !! You gotta be extremely smart to be in the sub service !! Two of my best friends. (One now deceased God rest his soul) wore those coveted Dolphins !! I only served 8 years the Navy probably rejoiced when I left Lol. Well gonna close now. God Bless & Protect You and family my Brother !! Merry Christmas to y’all !!

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excited for the fight against Michigan!!