Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football will face Heisman Trophy finalist in Orange Bowl, SEC defenders snubbed

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football will face Heisman Trophy finalist in Orange Bowl, SEC defenders snubbed

ATHENS — There will be a Heisman Trophy finalist playing in the Orange Bowl, but he will be wearing maize and blue.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia's defense , Kirby Smart, and Dan Lanning should get fruit baskets from Bryce Young when he wins the Heisman. He couldn't have done it without them.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That front 4 of Mich is even better then Ala. Going to be a long day for the offense.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 187 ✭✭✭ Junior

The more I think about it the more I want to believe that the Bama game was fixed.

There's just two much stuff that doesn't add up.

• Options
    T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Seems like most of the people on dawgnation are ready to turn the page on this game..everyone but the actual fans. No excuse for the way uga got man handled in this game. Kirby better hope he turns this around in the playoff or we may be witnessing the beginning of the end of his career at uga.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would love to know. Somehow the team with the second most sacks allowed in the sec figures out how to neutralize the Butkus award winner and the best defensive line in the ncaa year to date

• Options
    Slabdog64Slabdog64 Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank God T Dawg has nothing to do with the Georgia football program. What a **** comment. 12-1 and you really think that.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've thought that very thing.

I saw a bunch of holding on the Ala OL, but you're right about too much that doesn't add up.

Cook and a bunch of other players just didn't play like themselves.

Did the fact that they knew they were almost a lock just make them kind of coast?

Believe me, I've told myself this sounds crazy, but there's so much that wasn't right in that game. Stetson's throw to Darnell for the TD was right on the money. The long pass to Pickens was good too.

And the blatant going for it on 4th and 9...I mean, really, who does that???

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only reason now to keep logging into the loss is to learn from it and that is what Kirby...I hope...is doing. Michigan awaits.....our Dawgs are energized and ernestly prepping for a very physical battle Dec 31 in Miami. From what I hear of the team-only-led meetings, is a sense of urgency and energy. This loss may have ignited a much-needed fire. I say that because the loss was a team loss not just one individual. UGA was used to winning. Let's gert behind the Dawgs and root them on!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hutchinson seems worthy of an invite to the Heisman ceremony. I think Davis does as well.

The Heisman snub as well as seeing a defensive player from another team get an invite, should only add to Davis and the defense motivation.

• Options
    T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It will be an exciting game - can't wait to see the changes the coaching staff makes to get this team going in the right direction!

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well if you believe the game was fixed you also have to believe that Georgia was in on it. Is that what you believe???

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just said I would love to know. If you truly have an open mind and view the entire situation, then the game being coached by Vegas/conference undertones has to be a plausible cause. Also a plausible cause that would have to be entertained is the single greatest 7day turn around in college football history and possible sign stealing.

The fact that we had been so great all year and so bad on Saturday has yet to be explained.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

We should be well matched against Michigan. McNamara has gotten better as a passer and decision maker but still is an average to occasionally above average QB (just like Stet). Expect both teams to bring pressure on the QB. We've got the better group of receivers AND RBs. We should win this one if we play like we are capable. I think the defense got a much needed wake-up call Saturday and will be prepared. The offense - assuming Stet starts - just needs to be aggressive and as explosive as possible. The game will probably be won on the line of scrimmage.