Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NATIONAL LAGER DAY

donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know this is a topic to which some/many of us can relate.

NATIONAL LAGER DAY

National Lager Day on December 10th raises a glass to the third most popular beverage after water and tea. While lager is typically characterized as a light, summer beer we believe that every season deserves to be celebrated with a few of your favorite things.

Lagers are distinguished from other beers by using a cold-conditioning process. The types of yeast used are referred to as “bottom-fermenting” yeast or yeast that can develop at colder temperatures. Before the advent of refrigeration, brewers perfected this process in cellars dug into the ground and filled with ice. Those who taste the delicious results described the lager as “crisp” and “refreshing.” It is no wonder that this method caught on and produced a wide variety of brews synonymous with regional and national brands.

With so many choices from pale, amber or dark, not to mention the many craft varieties there is are endless possibilities for your enjoyment. So, grab some friends and celebrate this midwinter season with the taste of Summer.

National Lager Day offers a variety of ways to celebrate. You can start by ordering a flight to discover delicious new lagers. While you do that, invite a few friends to join you. We know that’s one of the best ways to Celebrate Every Day!

• At home, you can explore homebrew lagers.
  • Learn about the brewing process firsthand by taking a tour of a local brewery. The brewmasters invest a lot of time in getting their lagers just right and take a lot of pride in their craft. 
  • Do some reading. We suggest the Little Book of Lager: A guide to the world’s most popular style of beer by Melissa Cole or A Brief History of Lager: 500 Years of the World’s Favourite Beer by Mark Dredge. 
  • Bake some homemade beer bread. Try this Veggie Beer Bread recipe and enjoy it with your favorite lager. 

Used in a sentence: I reached into my lager and pulled out a cold, frosty lager.

Comments

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sentence: Since I've retired, I drink so many lagers that I look like I'm pregnant.

• Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can absolutely relate, thanks for the info. You sir have also inspired me to pick up some Stella Artios after work to enjoy over the weekend. Enjoying one this very moment. Cheers!

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for the “National” day postings, @donmedeiros, I always enjoy them - and especially today’s. Without knowing of the occasion, I celebrated it by picking up a 12 of Classic City Lager - a great every day (and those in between) beer.

• DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donmedeiros This should be something that all Dawgnation can agree on.

Prost!!