Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: SEC Network broadcaster sees ‘red flags’ with UGA QB situation

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: SEC Network broadcaster sees ‘red flags’ with UGA QB situation

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC. On episode No. 1,586 (Dec. 9, 2021) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what SEC Network broadcaster Tom Hart said on the McElroy and Cubelic radio show about Georgia’s quarterback situation involving Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

A coworker told me that his physical therapist’s sister’s cousin knows someone who knows someone else who is on the team. According to this person, the team really likes Stetson as QB because of how hard he works, is a GA boy and former walk-on. But the team doesn’t like JT because he is a Prima Donna from Cali and a softy who is always hurt. Like Tom says, he wonders about JT in the locker room. Maybe that’s the answer.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought another reason for the early signing period in December was to accommodate the rising number of mid-year enrollees (that GA has used to great effect). If they push back to February, what happens to those players?

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we happen to beat Michigan with Stetson or he does bring JT in to save that game and then rinse and repeat against Bama, Smart looks like a genius.

It's just unique that in this day and age of social media and plain talk and scuttlebutt that we've got nothing, zip, nada on JT leaking out of the locker room and/or the team.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also nothing on why Brini didn’t play at all. He’s one of most physical db’s

😂 😂 😂

I read the same thing on Wikipedia. Seems like a reliable enough source

Check vandergrift and Stockton rating. I feel as though we are stuck in a little overflow from last yrs qb situation. Until I hear from JT’s mouth that he is cleared and ready to play I’m saying he’s hurt.

• joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

SB or JT versus Bryce Young. Which team has the advantage @ QB? This has been the Dawgs major weakness against elite teams for years. And with all those blowouts, Brock Vandagriff, who has a potential ceiling higher than SB or JT combined, is starting to look like Justin Fields 2.0

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

… unless there’s literally nothing to leak, no conspiracy, and what we’re seeing is what we’re going to see because it really does make the most sense. I know it sounds crazy, but it may just be true.

• gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tonite, that team from the West that keeps beating us will have its QB or former QB in the top 3 of Heisman voting for the 4th straight yr. And that's why they keep winning championships and GA doesn't.

And if you could t see the humor in that I’m sorry. Both were so ridiculous that there’s no way to be true and was supposed to be facetious.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not crazy at all. I’d guess the reason for JT not starting, although in a different wheel house, is just as accurate as when Justin Fields just was not ready to operate a pro style system as a true freshman in the SEC. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Georgia fan base just has more armchair Head Coaches than any fanbase and it’s nauseating.

One question, these reporters are going on what they heard from within the program that JT ain’t hurt.

if I remember correctly, nothing was reported of a JT injury before the Clemson game and afterwards we find out he was injured 2 weeks before the game.

its slightly egocentric to state that because you haven’t heard it then there’s no way it can be true.

one last thing for Mike: Kirby values taking care of the ball more than anything. He talks about that historically more than continuity

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THere's no way on God's green earth that SB is so far ahead of JT in what they show in practice that he isn't even an option. to come into a game we're clearly going to lose, if for nothng other than to provide a spark. JUst to see if he makes any difference whatsoever. THat's impossible. Again, impssible!!

So, we're left with one of two reasons. #1 JT's parent's may have said something to Kirby after the Tennessee game where they assumed JT would get some throws in, they were realy excited per BRad Nessler that morning. They may have said something(voiced their displeasure)to CKS that pissed him off, and he said to himself, "OK if that;s what you think then screw you and JT. IF that's the case then we'll never know.

THe only other option IMHO is that going back to Fields CKS doesn't like anyone questioning his decsions as to who plays QB. Thousands believed Fields should have played more and gotten more throws.(Sound familiar?) But Kirby is a stubborn cuss and the last thing he wants is JT coming in, in the 4th quarter and looking dazzling(not saying that he would) and then Kirby has egg on his face and has to now answer all the questions about why he started SB or why didn't he start JT at the beginning of the 3rd quarter? In other words you can't question his decision becasuse he won't give you anything to compare it to.

• DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

Alright BA, Stetson’s stats in 2 games vs Bama - 47 of 88 for 609 yds, 5 td 5 int, 13 rush att for 23 yards. Not exactly championship winning numbers, but not bad for a former walk on. I think we can all agree it’s going to take more than those numbers to win it all. You wanted facts BA, here are some.

JT’s stats we don’t know, he hasn’t had the chance.

edited December 2021

Don’t know if Kirby would let his pride cost him the natty.

one thing to remember about fields is he had a horrible attitude. Don’t y’all remember the audio after the South Carolina game?

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

The most difficult roster position to manage on any team is the quarterback. It has become even more difficult with the transfer portal