Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dan Lanning, Georgia defensive coordinator, hired as the next head coach at Oregon

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageDan Lanning, Georgia defensive coordinator, hired as the next head coach at Oregon

Georgia football defensive coordinator Dan Lanning is going to be the head coach at Oregon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oregon fans should be excited with Lanning. It will be interesting to see how his team does.

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

Happy for Dan but dam how bad is this timing wise...5 days before signing day and UGA is playing for a national title perhaps.

UGA football is never without its Mount Everest moments to climb

And oh...UGA plays Oregon Sept 3rd in The Benz,..no way should Lanning coach UGA in the playoffs.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tcs59 …Better break out the glasses. Article states 1.7 million. Good luck Coach Lanning. I always thought you were one of the best! Thank you for the great job of molding players in to men! Go Dawgs!

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully his Oregon defense plays like it did against Bama when we meet them next September.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess Chip Towers doesn’t look so foolish now.

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

We will be ok Kirby runs this defense

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting to see how Lanning does against his old boss next season.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I'm not worried at all and very happy for Dan. Muschamp easily steps into the position along with Schumann. Recruiting is where Dan excelled and is my biggest concern. The funniest part of this whole thing is that we open against Oregon next season. Imagine losing that game?

But, having said that, Kirby has dealt with this kind of turnover before. It's a regular part of college football these days. Heck, Saban has gone through more than 20 coaches through his revolving door. Has anyone noticed? They've rarely skipped a beat.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations to Dan and his family. Always happy for people to get an opportunity to improve their lot in life. I do wish this hadn't happened now, but it did and we'll pick up and move on. I think of the guys we're still hard after in recruiting, either Muschamp or DL coach Tray Scott are the primary recruiters and of course, Kirby Smart. It's not the best news of the day, but I think we'll be OK. But next Sept. 3 is going to be a doozy of a game! Go Dawgs!

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Congratulations Coach Lanning! Wish you the best of luck next year, well, except for that 1st game. Proud for you and your family!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats Coach Lanning..GoDAWGS!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Schuman, or Muschamp is named as Lanning's DC at Oregon..GoDAWGS!