Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things atop Georgia football list entering Orange Bowl CFP Semifinal practices for Michigan

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tailgater1951Tailgater1951 Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

I was surprised to see that 3 of the 9 so called CBSsports.com experts are picking the Dawgs to win it all

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My counter argument was: when Bennet can't play from a lead he falls apart. He's played BAMA twice and had the lead in each game for awhile and then we fell behind and for whatever reason, he starts throwing interceptions. He throws fuel to BAMA's fire. In 2 games he's thrown for 600 yards approx. (not bad) but here's the deal, he's thrown 5 Td's and 5 Int's. ANd that's not a problem for you?

He's thrown 5 Int's after we lost the lead. He's thrown for 1 TD after we lost the lead. He's thrown 1TD in the 2nd half of those 2 games. Forget about throwing a TD, he hasn't even led us on but 1 scoring drive in 2 -2nd halves which if my my math is correct is 1 whole game! And that's perfectly fine with you. Let's give him a 3rd chance and see what happens? How do I argue with that line of reasoning?

• Options
    RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

My god! All you whiners need to just shut up and go away. What’s the point in kicking Bennetts teeth in further? This is a Kirby issue. The kid is just the fodder. It’s easy to do what you cowards are doing: taking shots at a 22 Y-O kid for doing his best. I agree his best isn’t good enough to win these big games but grow up. Of course, all you whiners have all the answers don’t you? I’m sure you all are the smartest person at your workplace and are now just freely offering your advice to Bennett after you’ve successfully completed several heart transplants and two neurological surgical procedures.

Beat Kirby up, not the player.

• Options

Whiners fussing about whiners, THat's rich.

I don't know who you're referring to, but I have never disparaged SB. I have complimented him many times on here. If CKS starts him I will be rooting him on. If somehow he could lead us to a NC that would be stuff that movies are made of-better than RUdi. I've said that before on here.

BUt this is the forum to discuss and even argue sometimes about things like which QB should get the start and why. I may bring up stats and things players have done or not done. But I have never disparaged the character of someone who has given their all, even if it wasn't good enough.

I hope players aren't reading this forum where stock is up or stock is down and people critique their performance, but I will promise you this and if ypu don't know this already you are naive' or some players' mom. CKS reams these boys out when they don't perform,and he doesn't hold back his words for fear he might hurt their whittle feelings.

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

The reality is that without SB, we might not be in the position we are in, with a chance at a national championship. I do fault Kirby for not allowing the other QB's to do more than just hand off when they are playing in one-sided games. This includes JT once he was cleared to play. And some of those "meaningful" reps in those blowouts should be with the "ones". I know Kirby believes in a player's performance in practice, but he also states that practice cannot completely simulate game speed. I don't know what effects JT may have that are lingering from his injury. I don't know his state of mind. We can't know those things, but we did have some games that were "over" early before he was cleared to play, and in those, neither CB nor BV were allowed to run the full offense, or at least enough of it that would get them through a game if they were suddenly needed. And, since he has been cleared, JT hasn't been able to "knock off the rust". What happens if Stetson gets hurt? See GA-FLA last year! I have to trust Kirby, but I don't understand why what I described is the case, and Kirby isn't telling us.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bennett did not lose the lead. Maybe he felt the need to press because he realized the defense was not up to the task

• Options

@jrmdvm1 I tend to agree with your assessment. Managing the quarterback position is proving to be the most difficult task for a HC. So much has to do with the mental make up of who you recruit as it does their physical skills. If you get a quarterback who performs at an elite level, you are going to only have him for 3 years if you are fortunate. His first year is about adjusting to the offense and the college game. If he is really good he starts as a sophomore. Then again he might not even wait till spring practice and transfer like Fields. This puts the staff in the scramble mode rushing someone they recruited who is not ready or going to the portal.

One would like to think Beck would be ready for next year but right now that is a big question mark. You could make the same statement about Brock. Is he going to hang around after spring if he is not designated the starter. Add to this Gunner who will also be participating in the spring. It is quite possible that you have a first year starter with extremely limited game experience whose backup has no game experience at all. Neither of these are going to be particularly good.

The ideal situation would be to have a 2 year junior starter, with a sophomore backup and an incoming freshman. Where this falls a part is if the sophomore believes he should start or does not want another year as a backup he is off to the portal.

it will interesting to see how the various coaches handle this as everyone faces very similar situations. Just look at all the SEC quarterbacks who have already hit the portal not even waiting for the spring

• Options

What I said was true, he had the lead, and we(team) fell behind, he started throwing interceptions. All true.. WHen you throw interceptions and you're behind, your team isn't going to win. Period!

WE can go round and round about why he threw them, but at the end of the day, it isn't a good look. He didn't bring us back. THat's what I look for in a leader is how do you respond when there is adversity, not can you play with a lead. You don't respond to adversity by shooting yourself in the foot.

• Options