Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 signing day observations: Kirby’s QB connection, DB stew, coaches cry ‘chaos’

13»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3-12 on 3rd downs and the 2 interceptions killed us. ANd we couldn't cover Williams or pressure Young til late in the game.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It appears the Dawgs did very well yesterday. The defense is pretty well shored up for next year. The portal can fill in any holes. Only 10 points separate the #3 Dawgs and the #1 ranked recruiting masters Texas A&M. Glad those boys play in the West...What a magnificent haul Jimbo had.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BigMike if there is a year to beat Bama this is the year, as this is a rebuilding year for them

• Options
  • Options

It would appear at this time they did not have trouble with UGA

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think this article was about recruiting. My one comment is, .....great class, but

we didn't finish like we should have and that's a problem.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To all of you people posting about Bama- factor this in- "In 9 SEC games Stetson Bennett has two completions of 40 yards or more, McConkey (60 yards vs. Auburn) and Burton (47, vs. Missouri). To put that into perspective, Alabama had three completions of 40 yards or more against Georgia in 60 minutes."

Defenses have a shorter field against Bennett and when really good players only have to really focus on part of the field and not really ANYTHING behind them, they attack what is in front of them with ferocity. They know they have safety help on a deep ball that takes forever to get there, if they don't recover themselves which is very possible. When a defense fears that on every play the QB could burn them, well that opens up the middle, the short game and the running game. The playbook. Defense does not know what to expect every play almost.

Daniels has a quicker release, looks to go deep every play, sees the field better and faster...Bennett had 2 chances against Bama. JT, the 5 star NONE. His turn! If not and UGA loses again, we will ALL WONDER WHAT IF...

• Options

Barring a mental breakdown no one is talking about there is no way possible SB is running rings around JT in practice, he's the most prolific passer to ever come out of MAter Dei HS and they have sent several to the pros. If completely healthy he is who should start against BAma

• Options

JT threw for basically 800 yards in two games last season, IT took AAron Murray 3 seasons of starting every game to get to what JT did in 2 of his 1st 4 games.

• Options

This appears to be a good class. It addresses future needs. We want know how good until they have been in the program for at least two years

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

Yes, that's for sure and I said "great" class in my post, not just good. Excited about a lot of these players, but we shouldn't have lost Kamari Wilson, Marquis Groves-Killebrew or Tyre West (if we truly wanted him and I think we did). Losing Wilson and Groves-Killebrew was really bad!! We must hold on to Jordan James, Darris Smith, and Dillon Bell in the late signing period. UGA fans should watch that closely. We should have landed Travis Hunter too, but I will chalk that up to Deon being Deon, but I'm still scratching my head on that one a little. NIL played a big role there. I think we could've beaten out FSU. I expected down votes on my comment, but if you follow this recruiting a little closer, you will see what I said is true.....and also I stand by my comment "great class". I expect Kirby to do well in the portal and that may make up for any holes we have on our team for next year. Did you see Bama already picked up one of LSUs best defensive backs? We've got to beat them on this end and then on the field.

I forgot to mention Christen Miller, we're looking to add him too and we have a good shot at him

We may be able to get the OL out of California, Earnest Greene. I think he can be really good. Those additions would really help, but I still say we shouldn't have missed on those three players I mentioned earlier. I know you can't get them all, but these guys were definitely UGA leans.