Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart evasive on quarterback questions, updates Georgia injury status ahead of Michigan game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart evasive on quarterback questions, updates Georgia injury status ahead of Michigan game

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart shared the latest on the Georgia quarterback position.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

My theory is that Smart sees the QB position as simply a "leadership position" and as long as that person has a skill of "good" or better, wants that person to be the one consistent offensive manager. He has played Bennett 60 mins during blowouts to give 2nd and 3rd string players time to play WITH BENNETT. He sees the QB position as just "one position" and "one cog" in the machine. He doesn't want a dedicated QB coach, because he wants to choose that "leader".

He also has the philosophy that I hear a lot of "QB play wasn't why we lost". What a dumb saying. Georgia lost because Bama scored more points than us (ie: blame Defense). Georgia also lost because we scored less points than them (ie: blame Offense). He's a Defensive-minded coach, so he'll push those guys to allow fewer points... but the reality is that a 42-41 WIN is far, far better than a 14-7 LOSS even if the Defense looked a lot better. Who cares if your secondary sucks if you can compensate with offense. 

Barring injury, there's a 100% chance Smart WANTS to start Bennett. Guaranteed. Will he be pressured to start JT? Unclear.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby's evasive, because he's gonna play his love child or die.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d love for someone to explain to me why Kirby should divulge his QB plans prior to kick-off. That would be incredibly incompetent for him to tell the world and Wolverines that information in advance. We all need to sit back, relax and count on CKS making the right decisions because he knows information we have no access to. Go Dawgs!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who on God’s green earth is going to “pressure” Kirby to do anything?

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t think good leadership skills consist of throwing your hands in the air and stomping around after someone runs the wrong route when you’re losing pretty bad.

Gotta be like a duck…. Calm outside the water and kicking for all your life underneath

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I find it hard to fathom that nobody is asking the question around Covid preparedness for the players as they leave a controlled campus environment for their respective homes for the holidays. I’ve got to think that’s on Kirby’s mind big time… if not, a real miss. Wish the reporters would ask, as I’m interested even beyond the forthcoming game and impacts. Seems like a big challenge when you have so many young men to impact/influence from afar…

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Glad someone finally said it! I continue to be amazed that anyone thinks Kirby is anything but 100% focused on victory…

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, I don’t know about you guys, but that certainly cleared it up for me.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I sincerely hope It’s as clear for the Wolverines as it is for you.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope Ladd gets back and as close to 100% as possible !! Big fan of this young man !! I call him Ladd The Lionhearted !! We Need him !! Go Dawgs !!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior