Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

All UGA TEAM related Covid discussion HERE

Comments

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

None of the COVID 19 strains are prevented by the vaccine. They just make it less severe when you catch it and you can still spread it fully vaccinated..

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021
  • how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I no have allergies and sneeze several times a day. I always get nervous if the urge to sneeze comes on in public

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alright everyone, we are here to talk about JT testing positive and wishing him to get well soon. Not debate the vaccinated, unvaccinated, etc. Any further off-topic comments will be deleted. There's a ton of other websites and outlets you can get more accurate information and discuss this particular topic. Thanks for understanding.

• RenoHightowerRenoHightower Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Copying and pasting from another Covid thread... Alright everyone, we are here to talk about Covid regarding UGA football players and staff. Not debate the vaccinated, unvaccinated, etc. Any further off-topic comments will be deleted. There's a ton of other websites and outlets you can get more accurate information and discuss this particular topic. Thanks for understanding.

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing to fear. In the event that Daniels is unavailable vs Michigan Bennett and BVG can get the job done in tandem. BVG has been practicing with the team and participating in all team activities since December last year right? I mean he's been required to attend all of the QB meetings and he's been studying Monkens Offense and knows it by now and has been throwing to Georgias receivers all that time right? And so the big thing now is, Vandagriffs healthy right? OK well he should b plenty ready to roll if called upon vs Michigan and beyond so we should be good if Bennett and/or Vandagriff can take care of the ball, make plays with their legs when necessary and target Brock Bowers (Who legit MAY b the best player on either team) early and often and when Michigan sells completely out to stop Bowers, McConkey, Burton, Washington, Cook, Mitchell and even K.Mac and Fitzpatrick must make them pay. The key is GREAT protection from the O Line, ZERO turnovers and from there, Monken will consistently b able to place Michigans Defense in impossible conflicts and have 'Dawgs running free through Michigans secondary all night long in a scintillating 'Dawg victory. Georgia 38 Michigan 24.

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't. I just live my life these days. It's wonderful. But I'm lucky in my AO most people do to.

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

<delete>

I'm out of this conversation.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Biggest fear is that even giving the players the booster shots today, they are releasing them to go home for the holiday I think tomorrow. Now I want these young men to be able to enjoy time with their family , but the greatest chance of infection will be outside the wire of the athletic department. And if what I have read the booster is not 100% effective for several days after getting it. Well it is what it is, we will do the best we can and hope for everyone to stay safe and healthy for the Holidays.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck 🤐

• wpony714wpony714 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Lots of assumptions on JT. The only confirmed info is that he's been placed in protocol. That could mean he was exposed to someone who had it, that he tested positive but has no symptoms, or that he was symptomatic.

He's either been quarantined or isolated....different situations, neither of which is addressed by the term "placed in protocol".

He's been vaxxed.

Right now, no way to know exactly what his circumstances are other than "placed in protocol".

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If JT had a symptomatic infection then he should be good to go 10 days after the onset of symptoms. Most people with mild symptomatic infections don't produce active virions after this time period. If he is vaccinated (I believe he was) then this should help clear the virus faster and lessen the likelihood that he spread it to others.

If he didn't or doesn't develop symptoms then he would be good to go 10 days after his first positive test.

• markrichtermarkrichter Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I guess my bottom line is that I hope the vaccinated players don't get it!

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would be a shame for any team in the playoffs to not be able to compete after working so hard this year to make it to the 4 teams. Would also be a shame if a team had to play with several key players out. I guess it's like injuries, except they are not really injured. Does anyone know the protocol if there's only 1 team left standing before the playoffs even begins? Hoping for the best, but thinking about the worst.