Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

All UGA TEAM related Covid discussion HERE

dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

After discussing among ourselves we Mods came to a consensus that 1 thread and 1 thread only for TEAM RELATED covid discussion.

No politics

No other covid vaccination topics/discussion allowed. Please stick to Team related or players/coaches. All other post will be deleted. Any other threads started will be merged here. We are merging all other threads here.

If this thread gets to far off the rails or alot of posts get deleted it will be closed and NO discussion will be allowed even if team related. Ball is in ya all's court.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

Comments

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this Omicron surge a threat to post season play?

• Dawgs80Dawgs80 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Absolutely. Saban is already taking steps at Bama and I assume we are as well.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Very well could tarnish the post season. I read yesterday where saban has put in protocols for meetings etc. I’m sure every team in playoffs is trying to address it too. I’m not sure what they will do if one team or both teams have out breaks. Do they postpone it in both cases? Or do you just play with who you got? The flu decimated some teams this year. I think in one game Boston college (?) had 30+ players out.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, definitely. That's why I started the other thread that got closed. I think it is a real threat. Michigan has a lot of cases and the positives are happening in vaccinated people. Groups that are blanket testing are finding a lot of positives. It is mostly mild according to reports, but that will still cause the forfeit or postponement. I don't think we got a definitive answer on what the protocol for our post-season will be if Covid cancels a game, but it sounded like forfeit was the best guess.

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm voting up because I appreciate the comments but am bummed about the possibilities. The Dawgs have got to have a chance to make up that loss against Bama.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Possibly. It's kind of hard to separate the truth from the hysterics these days. My hope is that the vast majority of people have either gotten the virus, or the vaccine. So there's not a lot of people left that are completely unexposed. I guess we will see what happens with the football teams, but at this point I'm not very worried. Especially since the worst of it seems to be hitting the states that were very aggressive in their shutdown measures.

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

That's good news! In the other thread were my post got edited that was my expressed main concern.

Reading the NCAA guidlines it looked like ALL players had to be tested before arriving at the game. That concerned the hell out of me, because most young healthy men have few if any symptoms. I would hate to see the CFP screwed up because of a coronavirus.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes it will but probably shouldn't.

• markrichtermarkrichter Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Covid has hit our team. Not in big numbers, but we have to keep it that way

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ummm SDS just reported JTD is in protocols... Hopefully it doesn't spread too far and all are well who might be in protocols

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, serious enough for the NHL to 'pause' their season.

• markrichtermarkrichter Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They probably should have locked the team and coaches in a room together after the SECCG and let them cough, sneeze, burp, and fart on each other and got this out of the way.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

How long does a player have to quarantine for? I’m sure they can’t travel to Miami until out of quarantine. So that could definitely affect practice too Let’s hope it moves out quick. We are 10 days away. When did it first hit team?

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just saw a report from Saturday down South reporting Daniels has tested positive. Sorry I can't copy the site information.

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, crap.

How long ago did he test positive? Can he retest before the game? What about the quarterback room?

• MunsonMemoriesMunsonMemories Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm going to reserve my speculation on the matter but I do feel like this team is what it is at this point in the year. Try to lean on the defense and avoid having to win a shootout. Still pumped for the CFP and ready to see how this team responds.