Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

All UGA TEAM related Covid discussion HERE

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Keep this about the Team. End of story.....all other covid/vax discussion deleted.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida's weekly numbers published today.

Dade County (Miami) reported 52,428 cases this week with a 16.6% positivity. Broward (Ft Lauderdale) had 23,575 cases and a 19.1% pos Rate. This means 1.8% of the entire pop of Miami tested positive for the first time this WEEK. Broward at 1.2% was little better.

I question going there so early!

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 I agree. Florida has had a huge spike in the last few days, and Miami-Dade is Covid HQ for the state. Hopefully, Kirby's got a really good avoidance plan. I'm sure they will be quarantined tightly. Interestingly, three of the four teams let the players go home for Christmas. Only Michigan kept their players isolated in Ann Arbor. We'll see what happens. It's a fast breaking ball game.

• Dawgs80Dawgs80 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it was a mistake to let the kids travel for the holidays. Honestly this could be the year Michigan wins by default due to Covid. I also believe it shows a level of dedication by the Michigan players that nobody else showed. They sacrificed seeing family and friends for a chance at sports immortality. Gotta respect that. From the article about Stetson being relaxed it seemed like some of our players were going to be heading out and about down there, including our starting QB. That's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suggest your watch his interview. He did not say anyone was going to be "out and about". He was talking about team only activities.

• Dawgs80Dawgs80 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I did watch it. A fishing trip and a beach trip. That is out and about. No way you keep them completely isolated on the beach in Miami, it's just not going to happen.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But will Kirby let him play? Lost some practice time. Also only got to run 2 plays last game he was eligible for.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it's okay to have players go home but understand the caution.

I think had it been me I would've opted to just say at the school but some people need their family time - it helps them function properly. Give them the choice.

I think it's easier to probably limit the interactions and still have fun in Miami. You can rent out entire facilities, create a fun atmosphere in the hotel and to be honest - control more of their focus/location than you would in the same ole dorms on campus.

There are probably more eyes on them here than there would be on campus... (just a thought)

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And, the weather is spectacular today! Clear, sunny, mid to upper 70's. Being outside and distanced might be the safest place they could be imo.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Football playing guide to avoid sickness:

-breathe in through nose out through mouth. Nose hairs provide extra protection

-fist bump only when celebrating. Shaking hands and high fives not allowed. Doing the griddy away from the crowd is ok. Mainly because it’s hard to control breathing while dancing

-when tackling opposing team breathe out and hold until you can get back to feet and exhale through mouth once 6 feet away

-wear gloves and change each series and use hand sanitizer in between changes. also rub a little on your nostrils for extra protection

-cough into elbow but no sneezing

-every hour on the hour gargle vod ka or listerine (if under 21). Spit out completely and rinse with water

-wear goggles

If we follow these rules we will be healthy and ready to take the Orange go Dawgs!

• TNDawg81TNDawg81 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Have any restrictions been placed on attendance at the Orange Bowl?

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We may get lucky as vaccinated players only have to get tested if showing symptoms. The two friends I know that got the new strain last week are already better and only one of them had any symptoms, they are both in their 60's. I'm thinking a lot of healthy young folks will not know they even have it. At least I hope so!

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is the problem with Miami. Go out and win the orange bowl before covid numbers on the team go up. Players start testing positive afterwards without enough time between then and the Natty leaving the team depleted.