Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

‘Different atmosphere’ at Georgia practice with George Pickens, JT Daniels back with team

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
image‘Different atmosphere’ at Georgia practice with George Pickens, JT Daniels back with team

MIAMI SHORES, Fla. — Georgia football hit the practice field with a “different atmosphere” thanks to George Pickens’ return on Tuesday afternoon, JT Daniels is also expected to be getting reps.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Griffith is a tarter!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our running game is going to be the deciding factor with US winning out or putting up the wait to next season banner...

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just do not think that opportunity will present itself next season. Hope I’m wrong but we will be losing a lot at the end of this campaign.

• RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

Better hope the defense is a lot better than the last game otherwise the passing game becomes more the deciding factor.

• Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

You can't honestly say that Bennett's "body of work" was the reason he kept getting the start, then say this decision is made on a day-to-day basis. Er, well you CAN say those things, obviously, but both of them cannot actually be truthful. You know, if they'd just play JT there'd be no controversy, no reason to bs your way through questions about a decision that makes no sense to anyone. And that "anyone" includes many people with plenty of experience playing QB, so it's not just a bunch of people who can't tell a good QB from a great QB or a bad QB. Monken can't do anything other than defend Smart's decisions, though.

This "Stetson gives us a better chance to win than JT" ridiculousness makes my head want to explode. It's supposed to be a simple business decision. Any comments regarding the team's love for Stetson, how much Stetson loves UGA, or how much of an underdog story Stetson is is proof that this decision isn't strictly business. Accuracy, field of view, arm strength, pre-snap reads, post-snap reads, and more all favor one QB over the other. That QB should start, regardless of feelings. They're all DGDs, right? If Bennett was the one leading in those statistics/measurables, I'd be confounded were Kirby to be starting Daniels. 3 or 4 scrambling plays (didn't work out as well against Bama, did it?) and a QB keeper don't weigh as heavily as 25-30 passing attempts.

I put my feelings asides, save one: my desire for a National Championship. I don't care if some people are saying Georgia "can win a title with Stetson at QB." They don't know. They're guessing. They're saying there's a chance. They'd say the same thing if nearly any QB in the country was playing for Georgia. Georgia's defense is why they'd say it. That and the fact that no one in the media is ever going to say "there's a 0% chance that this playoff team can win this game." So, no matter what QB is playing, they're going to say he has a chance to win. It means nothing.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

A reminder to the so many who seem to have forgotten what happened during the SECCG:

(1) During a one and a half quarter stretch the Georgia defense fell apart and allowed Alabama to score on five straight possessions for a total of 31 points.

(2) Playing from behind, Georgia opted to forego several chip shot field goals (otherwise Georgia easily puts up 30 points overall—a very respectable performance against one of the best defenses in college football).

Bottom line is that it does not matter who is under center if the defense again suffers this kind of collapse, but I don’t think they will.

Lol that's why I'm hoping the running game gets going. If it turns into a drop back passing game it's over...O...V....E....R

• johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Different atmosphere? On what planet? J.T. will be on the sideline and Pickens will play about as much as he did against Bama.

The defense did get exposed by a one dimensional team. But every time Alabama scored we had a chance to answer and we couldn't and it got to the point where we had to abandon our game plan and go and play catch up and that's the point. This guy is not that guy for that role but we keep throwing them out there acting like some miracle is going to happen. Shootouts happen in college football why are we not prepared to shoot it out with the best that's the question we should ask. But don't worry after the season is over the transfer portal is going to answer all of our questions for us.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get it. You are locked in on a fantasy narrative concerning JT. 🤣

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Ya gotta love how MG makes you think the article is more about Pickens and then he starts into his diatribe about how great JT is and how our “offense struggled under Bennett”. Really Mike ??? Fooled me about our offense “struggling” because against winning teams including Bama I saw Bennett perform light years better than JT. Against #19 Clemson (JT’s only win against a team with a winning record this season) JT scored 3 points and had 135 yards passing on 30 attempts (0 TDs and 1 INT). On the flip side, Bennett lit up his opponents who had winning records and scored 24 points against the #1 team and had 340 yards passing, 3 TDs and 2 INTs. So this season our offense (mostly under Bennett) averaged almost 40 points a game (no thanks to the 3 points against Clemson), but we say that Bennett is “struggling”. Yes indeed our offense struggled in the 2nd half of the SEC CG, but it also looked like our defense struggled too. This article was just another MG cheap shot on the “Mailman” and a classic example of fake news.

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 275 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BubbaBill

Just a reminder that Alabama was not the number 1 team until the DAWGS did not perform against them.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry pal, It’s where they are ranked now that matters……otherwise you need to credit Stetson with top 10 wins over Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn, etc. You JT lovers can’t have it both ways. Go Dawgs!!!