Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Todd Monken explains what makes Brock Bowers so ‘rare’ for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageTodd Monken explains what makes Brock Bowers so ‘rare’ for Georgia football

Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken shared his thoughts on Brock Bowers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article Conner and I’m so impressed with Brock Bowers. Due to his size he doesn’t look fast, but he routinely outruns the speedy DBs. Does anyone know the status of Arik Gilbert…..our missing TE? I hope he’s OK, but I don’t know if he ever attended classes at UGA. Wishing him the best and would love to see him playing alongside Brock…..and Washington too. Go Dawgs!!!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Great article, Connor!

Brock’s talents are amazing! His leaping and hand strength abilities are unparalleled. That leaping , turnaround, almost catch on the sideline against Missouri (?) was one of the most athletic plays , much less from a tight end, that I have ever seen.

And that catch and run against GT, where he outran the entire defense for a TD was outstanding! Showed Freddie Freeman speed on that play!

Mostly, I enjoy Monken’s play -calling; putting all our tight ends in plays to succeed!

Go Dawgs! Beat Michigan! I like our chances!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would love to get a few 5 ⭐ receivers to take the top off of a defense.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, we need to get the ball to Brock.

Go, Dawgs!

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bowers is a special talent. Totally robbed of the Mackey. MORE deserving than those guys on that list. Feels like the the Mackey is more or less determined in the off-season. Just because a player goes to a predominantly great tight end school, doesn't make them elite. Yes we haven't had a top flight tight end in quite a long time. Orson Charles buried our reputation years ago with that DUI. We've gotten no respect for our TEs since then. We finally get some great TEs, and no respect to them.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't forget about Washington!! His size makes him a nightmare for every defense. Love the way he is a baller who is also a total team player-Much Respect!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone know what’s going on with Arik and is Fitzpatrick returning for an extra season? Fitz doesn’t have the skills of Bowers and Gilbert nor the sheer power of Darnell, but Fitz is not afraid to block and routinely has at least 1 key catch per game.

• bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior