Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia pass game could get big boost if Michigan All-Big Ten safety absent from Orange Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia pass game could get big boost if Michigan All-Big Ten safety absent from Orange Bowl

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Georgia’s passing game may be better than expected against Michigan, and it has nothing to do with who plays quarterback for the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just hope Kirby/and or his coach doesn't read too much into this. Before Bama game, "Robinson probably won't play". Even though he did and even though was he wasn't a difference maker, Georgia shored up against the run and let Bryce pick them apart. My only knock against Kirby since he's been at uga, he preaches that his players "don't buy into the media". When he himself, in fact does. Can't make me believe he didn't think ahead last year when it came out about, very coincidentally I might add, Saban having covid. Thing that is most forgot, where was the reports afterwards about the AD having/ not having covid? Just a bunch of BS if you ask me. Kirby needs to do what he preaches and stop paying attention to the media.

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sad commentary on Bennett's abilities. We need an opposing defender to go down for Bennett to perform well?

Can't wait to see Stet to throw another one up for grabs in the 4th quarter. Let's just hope a Dawg gets to it first, this time.

• RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

Even with the player out, the QB must still be able to make the throw and the WR the catch. Overall, if we can't win the game based on defense and running the ball, it will be a struggle to advance.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bad News to read. Sorry for Michigan if this turns out to be the case. I don’t want our Dawgs to play ANY incomplete team and win. I want All the opposing team has to offer. That way No One can have excuses. If our Dawgs lose it will be because Michigan was the better team, at least on that day. If our Dawgs win then same thing. IF our Dawgs can get a W against a Very Good Michigan team, that’s IF, then I’d want to see Bama with At Least the same team as in the SECCG. I want our Dawgs to win it ALL because they Prevail and get the W. No gimmes !! A gimme only serves for opposing fans to say Well IF we had had such and such player y’all would have lost. I sure hope that NO Dawgs on this team players or coaches are looking past Michigan. I just hope we Can get the W, this Michigan team is very stout and coming in riding a wave of confidence. Where as our Dawgs have to “ Get Over” a terrible loss. I hope our Dawgs embrace Desperation, as properly focused it Can be your friend. Had the Dawgs won that last one Bama wouldn’t even be in the conversation. But after a very close Four OT win they Embraced desperation and proceeded to dismantle the Very Confident at that time Dawgs. I Believe that our Dawgs Can, if they will use Desperation to win vs Michigan and even more so Bama. We fans can afford to look ahead and speculate, discuss, opine, etc. We’re not playing the game. I want our Dawgs Angry, Bitter, Mean (no **** penalties though) and Anxious to get that bad taste out of their mouths. And Win or Lose NO EXCUSES !! Go Dawgs !!

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sup @navydawg - I 100% felt this way too until I started thinking back over our season. We come in with battered receiving core and no one gives that any credence as it pertains to the results of the Clemson game; we lose Chris Smith and end up playing a walk on at a ton of snaps at Safety and no team woulda felt bad beating us; we lose multiple other corners/DB’s and no team would have complained about beating us; we have injury issues in the rb room/struggles to get WR room healthy/miss our ace WR 90% of the season/have injuries at QB that lead to a controversy…. And almost all that reared it’s **** head against bama and I honestly haven’t seen any UGA fans make excuses about the roster. I too shared feelings the same as yours; but have come to a point where I think it’s a sh!+ happens kinda world and we just gotta go out there and beat whoever lined up. After our struggles I won’t feel less than for beating a weakened opponent nor will I entertain their fanbases excuses. We gonna get ‘‘em my man! 21-13 dawgs in a game where the second half is a gruesome defensive battle. GOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS, SIC ‘em!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Yes, exactly! There's not a team in the country whose injury complaints/concerns would even register with me at this point.

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

The best want to play against the best to get better to be elite, iron sharpens iron.😎

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Best quote of the day! We can win this thing, and be proud of the win, no matter who is lined up against us if we play angry and aggressive!

The Georgia Standard!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Michigan!

I fully agree with the comments here. But I want to try to clarify My comments. Among the many things I’m terrible at, expressing myself in writing is yet another lol !! No I Know the Vast Majority of Dawgs fans would Never make excuses about Our injuries. And who gives a blank about the tiny majority ? I Sure don’t !! I guess what I’m trying to say is that I want Wins, Yes plural, where the majority of college football fans, the majority mind you, regardless of what their fan base is would say Well the Georgia Dawgs just flat out Won those games, clean, legal, and pretty much above reproach. I surely don’t expect ALL college football fans to say that WHEN our Dawgs beat BOTH Michigan and then Bama in the rematch. If we can’t get National respect from winning Both, I’ll take green Envy !! I’m Believing again yall !! And I want to sincerely Salute Many of YOU my fellow Dawgs fans !! Y’all are the ones that got me out of that post game depression and Back to Believing !! Yeah there’s a little element of nay sayers. The No Way it Can’t Happen small crowd. But YES it CAN Happen. I never got to play the game. But I’ve listened to them many times ( Larry Munson, God Rest His Soul) and I’ve watched them many times. And I Know this, strange things can happen in college football. I think the National take right now is, at least it seems, the Dawgs will beat Michigan in a very close game, then lose to Bama again. But to pull a Corso here, No So Fast !! I think more importantly I Believe the Dawgs are gonna Win in TWO very close games !! I Believe that even though they won the SECCG, that Bama lit a blazing Positive fire with these Dawgs !! Not a bad fire. I Believe that human nature, Sure our Dawgs were Shocked, and extremely Depressed just like We were for the first few days after that game. Then Anger set in !! Not against Bama, No, but against Themselves !! That’s the worse kind of anger. Now there’s a burning, gnawing hunger in the belly of every player, Coach, person associated to the Dawgs program to Get It Done !! That’s the Only thing that will make that pain go away. There for I Believe our beloved Dawgs will play their hearts out and will Not Be Denied !! Go Dawgs !! Freakin GATA !!!

Man you got me all fired up Big Mike !! I’m more than ready to see our Dawgs do some serious azz kicking !! Go Dawgs !! Whup up on Michigan and make them Baby Blues !!!