Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia basketball dominated in 77-60 loss to Gardner-Webb in 2021 finale

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball dominated in 77-60 loss to Gardner-Webb in 2021 finale

ATHENS – Georgia basketball fell behind Gardner-Webb early and never caught up, falling 77-60 Wednesday night at Stegeman Coliseum.

Read the full story here

Comments

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Time to pull the plug on the Tom Crean era. UGA basketball has gone backwards in his tenure. A 17 point loss to Gardner Webb? Seriously? I doubt if they have 1/8 the facilities and resources UGA has. Pitiful. Anyone who thinks UGA will win in SEC play is kidding themselves. The question is: How did it get this bad? And don't tell me the transfer portal did it. Every team/coach in America deals with that.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I hadn’t already given up on UGA basketball this year I’d be very upset. Just beat Michigan in football. Maybe the equestrian team will win out.

• Flydawg87Flydawg87 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

When will UGA Invest in basketball as a destination job and not a stop over? The Ron Jersa era was bad, but this is embarrassing. I’m hoping our AD will finally put thought and money into basketball and baseball to make them both better.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How much longer is the administration going to put up with Crean?

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yikes Gardner Webb has 3,600 students. We’re a disaster.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow ! just when you think it can't get any worse...

• DawgCity85DawgCity85 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

If you know anything about basketball and watch our teams under Crean then you know we are poorly coached. Every year we have struggled with the mere fundamentals of basketball. Turnovers, free throw shooting, 3-point shooting, boxing out, closing out on shooters, defensively not knowing when to switch and when to, etc. Each game we go out and look like we haven’t been coached a day all season. 

His demeanor on the sidelines this year is of content. He does not show any frustration at his team’s dismal performances vs lesser opponents.  I can only hope that is a sign that he has already been made aware that this is his final season in Athens. For our athletic department to spend 3+ million on a coach to have his teams perform like this is an embarrassment. Pay the Wofford or Gardner Webb coach 1 million to come to Athens and I guarantee a better product on the floor.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

College basketball has been gutted to the point that it is now a niche sport. However, this Georgia basketball team takes "I could care less" to a new level. Can we simply pull the plug on basketball and spend that money on football? Go Dawgs! Beat Xichigan!

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is time for a change. If coach Crean cannot get the team ready to beat a team that is inferior to them, they will not have a chance in conference play. Another year without making the tournament.

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was excited when Crean was hired but now this is embarrassing. When Fox signed KCP, I thought it was the beginning of the top kids staying home and I thought the same thing when Crean signed Antman. Now, I don't know what to think. Can someone tell me why at least 2 of the top 5 kids don't sign with us every year? It is much easier to become a Georgia Basketball Legend than a Georgia Football Legend.

• WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Has anyone seen the university of ga smashball team? They consistently win big. Put money in that and make it an official school sponsored team.

A lot more entertaining to watch than the dismal basketball team.

• WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Oops sorry. Meant to say spike ball.