Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia basketball lands rising star Mari Jordan, 2023 class vaults into Top 5

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball lands rising star Mari Jordan, 2023 class vaults into Top 5

Georgia basketball scored big in recruiting on Wednesday night when Mari Jordan, the No. 117 ranked player in the 2023 class, announced his commitment to the Bulldogs on social media.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Crean may not be around to coach any of these 2023 recruits when that time comes. Thought Crean would be an improvement over the past few Basketball coaches UGA has had.. It was all wishful thinking.

• AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree. I thought the same about crean. I really thought UGA basketball was going to drastically change for the better.

No reason, or excuses why UGA can't field a good Basketball team. They have the facilities, top in state talent to recruit, a very passionate fanbase (even after enduring countless below average seasons). Then again, UGA Basketball was no better when I first started listening to games on the radio many years ago when John Guthrie was the coach. Some things never change..

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Coach just needs some more time. Not that most of you believe in that anymore. Heck Bear bryant took a LONG time before he got the ship right. Most other coaches too. UGA BB has NEVER been a national player or program kids were drawn too, other than a few seasons here and there. You expect miracles without the biggest name coaches in the game? Good luck lol! Coach has had some bad luck and needs a couple of good breaks and these good players coming in and ONE GOOD RUN IN THE TOURNEY AND THEN IT ALL CHANGES. Can you wait that long? Probably not. Go hire Pitino then. He will stay 1-3 years then you start over again. Creen does well with what he has but all the parts have never came together for various reasons.

edited December 2021

How long? 5-10-15 years? UGA Basketball hasn't been relevant since I can remember (except 1 Final 4, the year After Dominique left), waiting on Crean to figure it out ain't working either. Crean had a #1 NBA draft pick, couldn't win..best players transfer out in droves (why?) and shine at other schools. Waiting only prolongs the inevitable. And Crean is far from being the coach Bear Bryant was, not even close. Not saying UGA should rival top programs such as Duke and others in wins. Just put a competitive team with a will to win on the court, is that asking too much? If Crean is still around in 2023, you'll see how good he is coaching this 2023 Top 5 recruiting class.I guarantee you, Tubby Smith would win with them. Smith was by far, the best Basketball coach UGA has ever had, and he left UGA the first chance he got. By the way.. Bryant won a NC in 1961 at Bama, his 3rd season as HC, that's not a LONG time. He also won National Championships at Bama in 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, and 1979.