- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum
- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
NATIONAL BACON DAY
How do you like your bacon? What's your favorite way to eat bacon?
Bacon is a very popular food in the USA. In 2020, over half of the U.S. population said they used a pound or more bacon that year. You can also find many items flavored or scented with bacon, including popcorn, soap, candles, air fresheners, and much more. While these uses fit right into the day, we suggest cooking with bacon.
It’s not just for breakfast anymore, either. Bacon improves everything from beverages to dessert. Some cocktails such as the Bloody Mary and Caesar add bacon to the olives, pickles, and other assorted ingredients. Bacon improves the flavor of many appetizers, sandwiches, and soups. Incorporate bacon into salads as a topping or mix it into the dressing. For dessert, bacon pairs well with maple frosting or maple ice cream. Thanks to bacon’s salty, smoky flavor, it compliments sweet quite well. The possibilities are endless.
HOW TO OBSERVE #BaconDay
The founders of Bacon Day encourage us to eat a variety of bacon while watching Kevin Bacon movies or movies with bacon in the title. Other suggested traditions such as bacon toasts and kissing under pork fat mistletoe are mentioned as well. We make these recommendations for celebrating the day:
- Try a new recipe.
- Test the best way to cook bacon.
- Top your salad, soup, or eggs with this delicious ingredient.
- Give the gift of bacon.
- Sample different varieties and determine your favorite.
- Host of cookoff and post your favorite recipes.
- Write a song about bacon.
- Make a smiley face using bacon.
- Visit your favorite butcher and give them a shout-out!
Used in a sentence: I find the aroma of bacon almost impossible to resist, no matter how hard I try.
I have a small restaurant about a half block from me that makes their own bacon. Best I've ever tasted.
Well if it's National Bacon day maybe I can get a question answered that has bothered me all my life. Why is the last bite of bacon Always the best tasting bite?
Kind of like the kernels of popcorn!
If you're ever near Frankenmuth or Birch Run Michigan, you need to stop at Tony's I-75 restaurant. This was the bacon omelette I got last time I was there. As you can see, the omlette was on a plate by itself, the other plate had toast and a huge portion of hash browns. You will get a monster plate like that for under 10 dollars(last time I was thereat least). If you leave hungry, you are doing something wrong. Here's a link to their website. I'm sure our resident UM fan @TcFlintMaize has been there if he's in Flint.
I observed bacon day. Ate some.
This is a turkey I did for Thanksgiving a few years back. It took me a good 45 minutes to wrap weave the bacon.
My brother did something similar but instead of turkey he used sausage inside. Was one **** good meal too. Hope the turkey was as good.
The turkey was awesome but the bacon, was let say, just for the flavor. It was baked and limp. I'm an extra crispy Bacon Terminator.