Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football players ready to end 1980, Alabama jokes in national championship game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football players ready to end 1980, Alabama jokes in national championship game

Georgia players know about hte 1980 and Alabama jokes. They look forward to ending them on Monday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If they can contain and sack the qb, they have a chance. I assume they can stop the run. If we have a few new wrinkles in the running game, like the florida game in 2017, we have a chance. Doesn't have to be much, but some addition. Just cleaning up the boo-boo's from the last meeting won't win the game.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Same. Like the hurry up huddle against Michigan. Nice to see Georgia use that effectively. And Bennett needs to use his game. If no one open, try and use his legs, no forcing it.

PS: Connor it's football not fotoball. 🙄

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I don't understand the mentality that a lot of fans and some pundits are bringing into this game - summed up in the phrase, "if Georgia is going to have any chance..." or similar. Yeah, the last outing got u.gly. But people are acting like Alabama has spent the whole season looking like the better team AND dominated us head to head, when in reality only one of those things is even half true. 

I get that people will need to see to believe that we can get over the Bama hump. It's perfectly fair and reasonable to say that if we don't fix what went wrong in the last game we'll definitely lose. But to suggest that we're just not in their league? That it's going to take some drastic 11th hour turnaround, or that even if we do fix the errors and breakdowns that happened last time we still wouldn't stand much of a chance? I don't know what people are basing that on. Georgia is the better team this year. The outcome we saw a month ago was the result of our worst game colliding with Bama's best. If the Dawgs play as well as they've played in 12 of the previous 13 games, they'll probably win. It's a big if, but a very simple one.

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

The difference in the past games between these two teams has been qb play and defensive play. Until that changes you can expect similar results.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

@E_Roc....Totally agree. We definitely can hang with Bama, but we just can't close the deal.

The most frustrating part of the whole thing is that the Dawgs have had a good lead at halftime in 3 out of the last 4 Bama games and then we blow it. Saban, in his masterful way, makes adjustments and comes out to take over. Maybe we should just let Bama take the lead into the half, how's that?

We'll silence the pundits and give fans a lot to cheer about if we can truly get over the hump. One thing that might be in our favor in this National Championship game is that we DO belong. In 2017, I think most folks were surprised we were there (including myself). The mental part of this whole thing is very interesting from a player's perspective.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You folks have said it all.....all I can add is Georgia! Execute!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

We all have been for a long time, but I will believe it when I see it. It's like that with Michigan before this year, I'll believe it when they beat Ohio State. I don't have high exceptions so that way it hurts less, but I'm ready to be hurt again! lol

• Options
    bitterdawgbitterdawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Fotoball? Really?

Please proofread your text.

Virtually every article posted on this site is riddled with misspellings and grammatical errors.

I’m guessing the authors did not spend much time in Park Hall.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe the site keeps refreshing on the authors like it does us trying to post comments lol !! Any way I think our Defense will play Vastly better this time. And I think Coach Monken has studied Bama and has some things up his sleeve for them they we didn’t even see vs Michigan !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    bitterdawgbitterdawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Go, Georgia Bull-Jokes!

Eighth-time’s the charm, right fans?

I just know we can win this time!

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

As this was a rebuilding year for Bama one would expect them not to look great at times. This should surprise no one