Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN host says Nick Saban knows Stetson Bennett can’t beat Bama

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageESPN host says Nick Saban knows Stetson Bennett can’t beat Bama

ESPN analyst Booger McFarland has made his opinion very clear in several interviews this week: He doesn’t think Stetson Bennett can beat Alabama.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McFarland has eaten way too many boogers for anyone to take him seriously.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know about boogers, I just hope to see him eating some words on Tuesday morning.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

defense will be ready, we cant turn it into a shootout....

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is a reason he goes by Booger. Is it because he acts like a booger or he eats them?

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Booger sounds like Desmond Howard and Herbstreet on College Gameday last Saturday. Seems like they said similar trash talk and how the Michigan defense would annihilate the Mailman. Hmmm, how did that work out? Besides, who would ever listen to a guy named “Booger”.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Booger couldn't assemble a puzzle if it had two pieces. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I’m entertained by the “experts” who are advising Bennett. Example Tebow several times this season. I appreciate how good a QB Tebow was, but he only scored 24 points when he won the NC….and he lost to Ole Miss that season. Another year he lost in the playoffs to Bama and only scored 13 points. In his sophomore year he lost 4 games and wasn’t in the playoffs. I think he lost 7 games in his 3 years….light years worse than Bennett….and 2 of Bennett’s losses were to the #1 team. Tebow’s stats were never close to Bennett’s against Bama. Bennett is cool and will bring home the NC. Makes for a great ending to the story, “Walk-on crushes Heisman winner”. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And , for what it’s worth, Booger said the same thing last week about Stetson not being able to beat Michigan.

See how that prediction played out.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

As a fan I’m pulling hard for Stet to prove everyone wrong and I think he has that potential. But I also understand why the national media doubts him and the Dawgs against Bama. Like it or not, there is a clear track record of us not being able to beat them, and Stet has not okayed well against them yet. Until that changes, we need not be so bothered by the critics. If I weren’t a UGA fan, I’d be saying the same thing. Talk is cheap, stats are cheap, halftime leads are cheap…we have the ability to shut them up…so let’s do it once and for all. I want to see us play aggressive and on the edge for 4Qs and not get all conservative like we normally do. Conservative will not beat Bama.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well Booger can keep on picking. But these Dawgs are Angry and Hungry to prove to the Nation that the SECCG was a fluke. Bama came into That game Desperate and anxious to show their 4 OT near loss to Auburn as a fluke. Now our Dawgs have swapped places with them which makes the Dawgs the more dangerous team. Booger might have to back to picking things a little closer to his face after this game !! Go Dawgs !! GATA and hard !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

If our Dawgs can win this thing, and I believe they can, it will go down as one of, if not The greatest wins in Dawgs history !! If they lose though ( No Matter How Well They Play ) the naysayers will be on here bright and early saying I Told You So. Please Dawgs break through and Beat Bama !! P.S. Sad thing is Most of those naysayers claim to be Dawgs fans. Which begs the question to any Dawgs fan do you Really STILL love the Dawgs even when they lose ? I sure as heck Do. Go Dawgs !! Love Y’all Rain, Shine or In Between !! But like Any fan I Love to see em Win much more so than lose. Their gonna Win this time though !!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Statements like this display a fundamental lack of understanding of football. Stetson Bennett is a solid QB. More to the point, Bennett isn’t playing against Alabama or any team alone. There are dozens of other, very talented, Georgia players on the field, and each has an important and vital role to play. If you want to say “Georgia can’t beat Bama”, then fine, but saying “Bennett can’t beat Bama” is the statement of a simpleton.

BTW, Georgia CAN beat Bama! Goooo Dawgs!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

We thought everything would be different last time. Tell me why it will be different this time.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

The question is not can Bennett beat Bama, the real question is can CKS learn from the past? If Bennett is struggling will he go to JT? It worked for CNS, TWICE!