Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Alabama DC Pete Golding: ‘pick your poison,’ force mistakes against Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageAlabama DC Pete Golding: ‘pick your poison,’ force mistakes against Georgia

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett has seen this Alabama defense up close before, and there have been hours of film study ever since that last meeting on Dec. 4.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BAMA caught us flat-footed with the hurry up and we couldn't get JOrdan and DeVontae off the field to bring in the smaller quicker guys. and they were too gassed to rush. NOt sure what the fix is but it needs to be addressed.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Try to establish the run and use it to take shots. Defense has to show up and be all over Young from the jump. To late to change our mentally we are what we are and that's it. Just go win.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pete Golding knows Stetson. He will try to disguise defenses to force errors and confuse Bennett. UGA must address this.

Don't over pursue Young. If those big guys come after him too hard he'll just change direction on you. BEst to just get him going backwards and not let him get going sideways or forward.

Dictate, don't be dictated to. Our strength is our defense and it will rule the day!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

" Five times, the Bulldogs faced third-and-7 or longer in the second half, scoring just 7 points on six drives over the last 30 minutes."

Besides the uncharacteristic play of the defense, this stat above tells the rest of the story. We're doomed if we do that again. Gotta score touchdowns in the Red Zone and play 60 minutes of great football. I'll keep saying that until I'm blue in the face, because we haven't been able to do that in 3 of the last 4 games against Bama in which we took a good lead into halftime and blew it in the 2nd half.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They disguise to make Bennet check out of the called play. Not that it wasn't a good play, but they want him to ponder, for a flash, something that may seem covered or open. If we can go tempo, the pressure goes back on the defense to cover what is quickly coming. Tempo vs Bama is very difficult because of their talent level, but we match up pretty well.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Two troubling quotes from Bennett recently. One, in this article, where he said that he felt like he played well against Bama in the last game. MG's stats in this article "Five times, the Bulldogs faced third-and-7 or longer in the second half, scoring just 7 points on six drives over the last 30 minutes." do not agree with the QB. In another article published at the beginning of this week, Stetson is quoted as saying he did not feel it was his responsiblity to bring a Nat'l title to dawgnation. If the starting QB is making these comments, I am concerned. I hope he plays over his head and does well. I am concerned about his mindset going into this championship game. I pray the defense plays really, really well. GO DAWGS!

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pete Golding knows Stetson. He will try to disguise defenses to force errors and confuse Bennett. UGA must address this.

So, if they know Bennett, throw JT at them. JT is known to have great talent at diagnosing defensive schemes on the field. Bennett, not so much.

Timothy'

THe feeling is mutual.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We're gonna find out what this team is make of on Monday night. We have a slight edge in talent but, in order to win, we need an edge in "deep, deep desire to win" mental attitude. We didn't have it on December 4th.

• AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I totally agree. It is kind of troubling to hear your qb say that. Isn’t that every players dream to win a championship at any level?

One more time let's dowhat Trayvon said, "Lets strain. more than they strain."