Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football proves elite, beats Alabama 33-18 in CFP Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,694 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football proves elite, beats Alabama 33-18 in CFP Championship Game

INDIANAPOLIS —Georgia football proved itself elite, outlasting Alabama with a 33-18 victory in the CFP Championship Game on Monday night at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Awesome job Dawgs! National Champs!

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

DAWGS WIN!!!!!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

41 years in the making...way too long. Despite our mistakes, penalties, and inept offense for much of the game, we prevailed. Defense played lights out!! Stet worked through his mistakes and led a beautiful final drive for the winning TD. I've doubted him multiple times, and I guess I was wrong. He did just enough today to help bring home the Natty. Proud of the team and all the players.

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep me too. I seriously doubted him tonight. Proved me wrong too! Great team effort, loved the run game on the last drive!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now Please I hope None of our Players, Coaches, Fans get in any trouble with law enforcement !!! Emotions are riding high !! Please be careful All Dawgs in Indy !!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

For the first time in my life as a Dawgs fan, I went in to a big game with no hope. Seriously. Not sayin' that was the difference, but I am saying sorry for doubting you Dawgs. Being wrong never felt so good... been waiting a long time for this. Thank you again Dawgs. I'm not that old, but old enough that if I die tomorrow, I will go with a smile on my face. Finally, Georgia is once again National Champions!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ToniGToniG Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

2021 the greatest year for sports ill ever have . what started with the first team i ever loved ended with the team i felt closest to having attended the university. i only folllow 5 teams. all 5 of them won. georgia was the sweetest though because i knew this team was special day 1. how often do u see the players, coaches, recruits all saying the same things. unity, togethernes, special, elite etc you see it on championship teams. the signs were there before a ball was ever snapped and i know im not the only one who noticed. congratulations to us, I know weve all been not so patiently waiting for this moment we knew was coming.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, I realize you’re writing to and about the calls that were made, but I don’t think it would come across as subjective if you commented on the near-criminal level of ineptitude among these officials. Am I biased toward UGA? Yes. But that still doesn’t change what is obviously the truth.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Just enough" in the National Championship game is a deserved MVP performance in my book! GOOO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It wasn't pretty as our offensive playcalling was often too conservative, our O-line couldn't stop the Bama D from having Bennett be on the run the whole game and the penalties were really, really sloppy (like giving Bama 15 yards because we got too close to the player calling a fair catch), but... who the F cares. We won!

Our defense really deserved to be the Offensive MVP, but Young didn't look vastly better than Bennett and Young won the Heisman. Maybe having high profile WRs is the way to win the passing game: clearly they missed having theirs.