Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations as Bulldogs win 2022 National Championship

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations as Bulldogs win 2022 National Championship

INDIANAPOLIS — With the way the season has gone, it was only fitting that Georgia’s final score of was a defensive touchdown. And with it, 41 years and seven straight losses to Alabama, Georgia vanquished all demons on Monday night, winning its first national championship since 1980.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Congratulations congratulations how about them dogs

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

OH…MY…GOD! Thank you Lord!

Even sweeter than all that sugar falling from the sky!

The Mighty Munson broke his chair and stepped on the Bear’s face with a hobnailed boot and broke his nose!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Again thank God guys enjoy it you're the national champions

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson Bennett the Walk On from Blackshear, Ga. !!!! You and ALL the Dawgs Made It Happen !!! SO Proud of you All each and every one !! SO Proud of the Dawgs fan base !!! Greatest fans in College Football !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options

We are the Champions my friend 🎶🎵🎼

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The key move in the game was replacing Salyer with Jones. Anderson was using Salyer like a turnstile. Once Jones came in Anderson’s name was hardly mentioned. Bodes well for the offensive line for the next couple of years!

• Options

Stetson and All his fellow Dawgs made it happen. It takes a TEAM !! They played as a Team which means they did Really Good Together, they did So-So Together, and at times they did Really Bad Together. But they played to the last tick of the clock and made it happen. SO proud of them ALL !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bennett did it! I've been down on him all season and I was wrong. The team was great. The defense kept Alabama out of the end zone and made them settle for field goals and the offense owned Alabama in the fourth quarter. Great comeback Kirby, you won your first National Championship, and there will be more. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Heck of a game and those Stetson doubters are trying to make things right:-) Dawg Nation is the BEST and we are the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

• Options
    bighealeybighealey Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

OMG - been 41 years and now all those years are washed away in this magnificent victory over Alabama ! GO DAWGS !

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All those Dawg fans that have been very vocal about all the short comings of Stetson Bennett should be chocking on a giant bowl of crow stew this morning. It took a team to slay the dragon last night, and the team played elite and today they are the 2022 National Champions. Go Dawgs for years to come. I'm proud of how this team overcame the SEC loss, they are elite. Did everybody notice how Saban kept saying how the Tide won the SEC game, I give him that, but they ain't National Champions again, the Dawgs are.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You don't get an A for effort in footbal and up until last night SB was a guy that had lost to BAMA twice with nothing to show in the 2nd half of both of those games except interceptions. Last night he got the **** off his back and helped lift UGA to it's 1st NC in 41 years. Now he gets the glory he deserves based onresults. He was a stud.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm with you friend. I just turned 79 and I was a grizzled 13 year old growing up in rural Peach County when I discovered my Dawgs on a trip with the Fort Valley football team to see UGA in Sanford Stadium on a glorious October Saturday. Loved them ever since.

• Options
    ColoradoSkiDawgColoradoSkiDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

I was a sophomore at UGA last time they won a national championship. Was at the Sugar Bowl game 1/1/83 when Penn State beat them for the championship. Long time coming and sun is out, and birds are singing this AM in Colorado. LOL

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, first half was very, very messy and sloppy. Some pretty inexcusable penalties (not giving the Fair Catch receiver enough space???). I am NOT happy that the Georgia fans threw their trash on the field. We don't do that.

• Options
    Beachbike2000Beachbike2000 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

The sound you are hearing is me eating a BIG bowl of humble pie. I will admtt that I said we couldn't win a Natty without

JT Daniels as QB.... I have never been happier to be wrong...Yummy humble pie tasting real good today. 😁.GO DAWGS