Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: 3 game-defining moments in Georgia’s 33-18 win over Alabama in CFP Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,431 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: 3 game-defining moments in Georgia’s 33-18 win over Alabama in CFP Championship Game

INDIANAPOLIS — Georgia football’s 33-18 College Football Championship Game win over Alabama will be immortalized in several mediums, with Kelee Ringo’s game-clinching interception serving as the “Oil Painting Moment.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm glad Ringo took it to the house, Smart wanted him to take a knee, you could read Smart's lips.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. I agree. I think Kirby was afraid the ball would be fumbled or stripped out of his hands. He was yelling Get down !! Get down !! But it worked out Wonderful !!

• Options

I thought I was gonna have a heart attack at that moment, but die with a smile on my face. Every Dawgs fan Knew that sealed the win right there !! Well done Kelee Very well done !!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I get the strategy/logic behind Smart wanting Ringo to take a knee, but...

SO GLAD he took it to the house! His determination to get to the end zone and thus make the final score look even better was the exclamation point and cathartic moment all of Dawg Nation needed!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would argue that game defining moment #1 was SBIV recovering his own fumble on his 1st run deep in UGA territory. Game defining moment #2 was SBIV recovering his own fumble while under center at the 1 yard line on TD run by ZWhite. Game defining moment #3 was ADMitchell outfighting AL CB for 40 yard TD.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kearis Jackson's face on the cover pic is like a kid walking into see what Santa left on Christmas morning!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

The refs had their moments: Young’s fumble ruled incomplete pass and Bennett’s incomplete pass ruled a fumble.

Other than those controversial calls, the refs let the players play. Young took some brutal hits that had me holding my breath. Much less have been called roughing and unnecessary roughness against the Dawgs in the past.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Griff and the rest of the DN writers deserve kudos for their coverage of the playoffs. It makes a difference when they have access to coaches and players!

The DN staff and their loyal readers deserve better than what this site offers. The refresh and only one in five posts allowing comments is totally bush league!

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options

Justin Schafer had a couple of over zealous moments that could have been flagged.

• Options

As for the so called fumble. I would like to ask the ref on the broadcast how a football mysteriously goes 10 yards through the air without being propelled by a hand or getting hit by the defensive player?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I'm surprised so many are focusing on whether it was a fumble and not whether it was recovered in bounds. They called it a fumble on the field so that it could all play out, just in case it really was one, as they're taught to do. It wasn't clearly a pass, so the call stood. It's not uncommon to see a fumbled ball travel forward like that. The ball comes out right before the arm starts moving forward, and so it's close enough that the forward swinging hand slaps/punches it forward, and at first glance it looks like a pass. I don't have a problem with that layer of the ruling. I'm still at a total loss, though, as to how they couldn't have noticed the defender's toe on the sideline when he brought the ball in. 

• Options

I think what angered most Dawgs fans was the Refs gave Young the benefit of a doubt on a very similar play but they did call intentional grounding. Had they called the same on Stetson most Dawgs fans would have been disappointed that the play happened but Not with the Refs decision. It made it look real biased on their part in favor of Bama. But oh well it’s all water under the bridge now.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean, I thought they got that other one right too. His arm was going forward before the ball came out. But you're right - who cares, we won!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, that was huge, but MG avoids saying anything good about Bennett.