Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia receiver George Pickens expected to take talents into 2022 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia receiver George Pickens expected to take talents into 2022 NFL Draft

ATHENS — Georgia star receiver George Pickens is expected to publicly declare himself eligible for the 2022 NFL Draft, according to a league source.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man, these guys are here just a minute and they're gone.

At least we have the memories.

It's sad sometimes.

Good luck!!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thank you George!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good Luck to GP1, hopefully the Steelers will get him.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have said for quite sometime that an essential ingredient in a national championship year is luck. We would all be wrong if we thought we knew more about physical development than the room full of professionals at these universities. And even with all of that training star athletes still get hurt. So you gotta be lucky to pull out a natty. Imagine if Bama hadn’t had young for 3/4 of the season, and we all saw what happened to their offense when their top two pass catchers went down.

Heres to a great season we just enjoyed and an injury free one ahead. 🍻

• Options
    BearddawgBearddawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Good decision if he goes in the first two rounds. Bad decision if he goes later. But it is his decision to make.

• Options
    DawgInTallyDawgInTally Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Good luck, George.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With a NC under our belt, next up is to get excited about those that stayed to do really well in the Combine and get drafted early.

They made our dream come true, now to fulfil theirs.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a dynamic receiver...will never forget him.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Pickens isn't a 1st round pick or high 2nd then he needs to come back and catch 50-60 balls and score 10-12 TD's and go in the 1st round. He's not losing money, he's making money. These border line kids need to understand that concept. IF you can improve your draft status, that's the way to go.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's literally millions of dollars at stake.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Oh, what could have been with Pickens the remarkable WR. If only the injury had not taken place, no doubt he would have been the most feared WR in college football and probably a top 5 NFL pick. Sure do wish he would come back for another year and have the sort of mammoth season everyone knows he can have. Kudos to him for coming back as fast as he did and was able to play an important part in the playoff games. Thank you George, you are a DGD and I will be following your incredible NFL career!! And, yes, I will never forget your take down of the Georgia Tech player a few years back! What a DGD!

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

10s of millions of $$ are at stake. Big difference from Round 1 to round 2 or 3.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was about to say Roquan, but he didn't really blossom until 2017 did he?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand what people are saying, and as a fan, I obviously have a vested interest in seeing him return. But I think leaving now is probably the best move for him. Every scout is going to be fully aware that his lack of production this year was due to the ACL tear that kept him sidelined for almost the entire season, which just makes it a question of whether he's "back." I think the the catches he had in both of the games against Bama, especially that acrobatic one on Monday, have addressed any doubts there. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go in the first round.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck, George. Thank you for changing your mind back on Signing Day a few years ago. Regardless of where you're drafted, I know you're going to absolutely ball out in the NFL. Thanks, again. And Go Dawgs!

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Going to be real, he was the best player on the team.