Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton reportedly set to be hired by LSU

SystemSystem Posts: 7,422 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton reportedly set to be hired by LSU

Another on-field Georgia assistant appears to be on the move, with wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton reportedly set to become the wide receivers coach for LSU. Matt Zenitz of On3.com was the first to report the news.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Heck guys, let’s bring on Hines Ward and Terrence Edwards? Throw in Bobo to handle the QBs. No problem except we don’t have that many openings. I sure hope Addae doesn’t leave because he’s the #2 recruiter in college football (according to 247) and played a huge role in getting all our 5-star recruits. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Hines Ward. Sure Kirby is well aware of his talent. Hankton is from Louisiana ....just going back home....you know how these coaches are. Expected. More to come I fear.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Clearly if a high profile program doesn't give an assistant coach a raise in 2 years then you can assume they aren't happy with his performance. The fact that he moved to a lateral position at a weaker SEC school (although they always have potential to be champs) is indicating as well.

I'm going to assume that Georgia is happy with this decision.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Hines Ward, Champ Bailey, Mike Bobo at some point ?? Joining in with Kirby and Will ?? I think that would be pretty awesome !! Keep in mind that Will and Mike’s sons are players for the Dawgs to so they sure have plenty of motivation all the way around to WIN !!

• Options

Wow !! I apologize to Terrence in my brain fog I had temporarily forgotten him. You are absolutely right Terrence would be an Awesome get !!

• Options

Yep. You are right as rain !! Bama lost allot of great players to the NFL for every one of those Nattys. The thing is though players coming out of HS want to play for a Winner. Kirby will land more comes traditional Signing Day. And I believe he’s gonna get some very good to greet ones from the portal before all is said and done. It works both ways.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck with a southern talking Midwesterner at LSU. I will take Edwards or Ward any day of the week! Terrance does it for a living, but Hines may have a leg-up in helping recruit.

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good luck at lsu. Smart came to Uga because it was home, and you are doing the same. Don’t trust Kelly too much though.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck to Coach Hankton. And I'm good with Hines Ward as his replacement, if that happens. But clearly, you don't have to be star college player or NFL Hall of Famer to bring success. The receivers coach at Ohio State is proof of that. In fact, I say, let's load up the cash train and go after that guy. He's already proven his worth. I fear that even if we were to hire Hines (which is not guaranteed), we would be merely a brief stopping point on his way to the NFL. I feel that's where he ultimately would like to coach, perhaps replacing his former coach, Mike Tomlin, with the Steelers. Go Dawgs!