Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Return of super seniors show depth is still a concern for Georgia football secondary

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageReturn of super seniors show depth is still a concern for Georgia football secondary

Georgia football figures to have secondary concerns in 2021

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Tykee returning is huge for the Dawgs and we certainly needed him against Bama. He was on the 2019 FWAA All American Team and in 2020 he was on 3 different All American teams and a Jim Thorpe Award finalist. I can’t wait to see Tykee do his thing between the Hedges.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure I understand the headline… how does the return of super seniors show concern? 🤔

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope I'm wrong, but unless Adam Anderson's lawyer is on the same level as Alan Dershowitz I don't see him playing for the Dawgs again.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Read the article. If you're like me, it will leave you even more confused.

Go, Dawgs!

• Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly, based on what we know at this point verses a year ago, this group looks to be in better shape. A little deeper and more talented and with kids signed and already at Georgia from the 2022 class.

• IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Adam Anderson was mentioned .. is that really an option ?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I thought Jackson was awarded a scholarship.

The 2022 defense will have something the 2021 “generational “ defense didn’t have… at least one AP preseason All American!

• 87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm a big believer that good/great defenses have playmakers at all levels: DL, LB and secondary. With the return of Nolan Smith, Chris Smith, Tykee Smith, and Jalen Carter up front, the Dawgs have proven playmakers at every level. While this doesn't guarantee this defense will be great, they need an edge rusher, the rebuilding narrative is a little overblown. The 2021 defense was generational and we can't expect to see that level of talent together again for a long time, but this years defense should be very good.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Same question as have not heard anything about his case in quite a while?

• SWP04SWP04 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Why are so many DB's leaving the program. between this year and last year. Only talking about those that didn't declare for NFL.

thoughts?

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While Adam Anderson seems gone for good, the door is not closed. Remember, his case has not been adjudicated yet. It's is entirely possible that he could go to trial, be found not guilty, and be free to return to the Dawgs. Having followed many such cases as a journalist, I've come to learn that often when you aren't reading or hearing much about a case publicly, that things are happening behind the scenes to bring it to a head. Not saying Anderson comes back, or that I even hope that he does, just that the possibility definitely exist. Go Dawgs!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On the most recent article I saw that Beal is coming back !! That’s great because he has tons of potential !! And if you’ve ever read his story he’s a DGD !! If memory serves he also sacked Young in the closing moments of the Natty to !!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Anyone expecting the '22 UGA D to be even close to as good as the '21 UGA D is smoking something still illegal in most states. They won't be. Speed was a nice depth piece but will continue to be buried on the depth chart as UGA recruits better players over him. Brini, based on his exit tweet, had issues with how he was handled. Both he and team are better off with him moving on. CKS WILL cherry pick a CB and a DL (or 2) off the TP to supplement all the returning (and sometimes inexperienced) talent. All over the country you are seeing players "encouraged" to enter the TP by coaches to make room for other players. Younger, higher ceiling, more potential players. The UGA team you see now in NOT the UGA team you will see in September. 

• sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

any word on arik gilbert?