Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stetson Bennett announes his plans for 2022 Georgia football season

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett announes his plans for 2022 Georgia football season

After leading Georgia to a National Championship, quarterback Stetson Bennett has announced his return for another season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Oh how cutely choreographed... the departure of JT, and the retention of SBIV. The QB situation is frustrating enough, and DB seems to have been a popular position to grouse about over the past couple of years... but wide receiver, now with the departure of Burton, is my biggest worry. We can't have another 1-2 leave that room, or it might not matter who the QB is. But I still like our roster. Go Dawgs!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I kinda thought this would be the outcome....SO let the competition begin between Vandagriff and Stet !! Just hoping that we will truly see Brock compete for the starting position. I think Brock and Gunner will be both great QBs.

I'm assuming Carson Beck will transfer. I don't understand why he would stay, but you never know.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well Kirby,

I hope you’re happy.

y’all get ready for a Joe Cox type year ahead.

I feel like I’m gunna need to talk to my GT alumni dad and find a good place to buy one of those brown paper bags.

🤦‍♂️

• MiketopiaMiketopia Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Burton leaving because he knows he won't have the stats and catches with Bennet throwing versus JT.

• EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a coincidence that Burton announces he is leaving the same day Stetson says he is coming back.

$20 says Burton goes to Bama. Best QB, they throw the ball a lot and just lost their two best receivers to the draft.

• tosssweeptosssweep Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Check the ego, your 15 minutes of fame is now over.

edited January 2022

I really wanted to see JT realize his potential at Georgia, but that became clear it wasn't going to happen 6 months ago. Bummed it didn't work out as well as we all hoped, and really wish him well. As for SBIV, I have to give him credit… he's tough and determined, as evidenced by his hanging in there when everyone said he couldn't do it. Then he freekin did it. Maybe that's what he's doing now, wanting to show everyone he really IS that good with a repeat performance. Hard to imagine great odds for the same storybook ending, but hopefully he's right. Go Dawgs!

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best news all day! The National Champion quarterback returns for another year! 😎

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Better pay some good receivers to come here and stay.

edited January 2022

My guess is JT told Smart, in no uncertain terms, that he wouldn't return if Stetson was. Given only one more year to prove himself, with last year's history, why would he?! That word probably got back to Stetson, who figured with his biggest competition removed, he might as well stay and have a good chance of starting, with Brock still being developed… Unless, Brock makes an unequivocal case, Stetson gets the benefit of the doubt. Whatever it is, it is. Go Dawgs!

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Monken must stay, with no more attrition at WR. Go Dawgs!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Please BVG, go out and put on a clinic this spring. My heart can’t handle anymore SB IV.

Dear Kirby,

I understand the portal giveth and taketh, but heavenly days it feels like all it’s been doing is taking. Tell me something good, please! If not I may have to leave all multimedia and televisions behind from September to last week in November .

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

@MobileDawg , why would this impact Monken? At the end, he's was the loudest person on Bennett's bandwagon. If anything, based on what HE said, this news should make him sign up for another year at least. He's got the guy that he wants, without the controversial competition.

• sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

THIS DUDE doesn't know when to leave. I'm not surprised by his decision. He's like a child with a toy. He knows he's not NFL material. That's why he's staying in college. Heck, if he had 4 additionally years of eligibility, he'll take it. Kirby needs to learn to cut his losses because you're losing the attrition of your elite wideouts who will need to catch the ball. That's why Alabama, Ohio State and LSU, the 2019 team, was elite on offense. Teams aren't going to be scared of our offense if we don't have elite wideouts to stretch the field vertically.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, Stetson is coming back with a NC ring and the b-i-t-c-h-i-n-g hits high gear. I guess Kirby's on the hot seat with all these Monday morning coaching "phenoms" that masquerade as UGA fans.

• BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

Almost as if someone told Stet that JT would not be around, it's not being around that would explain why he had to wait to see if He could trust the coach's decision