Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett announes his plans for 2022 Georgia football season

Comments

• Options
    BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

Strange he decided to announce he would stay only minutes after Daniel's decides to transfer

• Options

A DAWG fan since 1967 this next year will be the 1st time ever that I hope that Daniels can play for somebody and beat our ass

• Options
    Camden_DawgCamden_Dawg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Well dang it!!! Another terrible impact of COVID on society.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

WORST NEWS OF THE DAY

#3 Burton enters portal

#2 SBIV returns to UGA

#1 JT enters portal

• Options

How will he ever pull this off without JT on the sideline to help him out

• Options
    TNDawg81TNDawg81 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

We won NC despite SBIV…not because of him. We’re losing a great quarterback again as a result. Why would any quarterback worth a grain of salt go to Georgia?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

It will be great to have SBIV back for his experience and leadership helping indoctrinate new starting QB BV. Developing BV in the starters role next season is what is best for the program. I understand not playing BV this year in games. It is the best thing for the player to preserve the year's eligibility. As for Burton, he is from CA I am betting that USC w/LRiley is looking pretty appealing to him right now. 

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Disappointed in Burton bolting. Stet really has nowhere to go. He wins at UGA then leaves...uh uh. Smart warned us all that a lot of changes would be happening.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IDK… they seem to be lining up to play at Georgia… see the quarterback room. 🤣

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is no way that any of these decisions are surprises to the coaching staff. Expect some more attrition as the team needs to get to 85 scholarships. Expect one WR and perhaps another DB from the portal. Depending on what happens with Arik Gilbert and Dom Blaylock, I don’t see a downturn in the quality of wideouts.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm glad Bennett decided to come back. Georgia was better for having Bennett this year and it will be the same this season.

You can't have too many good QB's, and Bennett has valuable starting experience.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know some would call me a Stetson hater but I’d like for one of those individuals to explain to me Stetson Bennett’s nfl future that they can see in Bennett beyond him being legal council for a player.

And if that is indeed the case, you are fooling yourself by not starting one of the other guys with a higher ceiling.

I’ll wait for an explanation about how either of these statements are wrong.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Kirby didn't made any promises to SBIV. I also hope he keeps his options open, as far as potential incoming transfers are concerned.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

SBIV should have road that horse out and remained a legend. Now, he will be the first QB to win a Natty and rep the practice team or he will allow more QBs to enter the portal. Neither scenario is good for anyone!

• Options
    MickeyRichMickeyRich Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

I'm still on the National Championship win high, but the news of Stetson's return is disappointing. 

The strength of this year's team and the reason they won the natty was its elite defense.  

Next year's defense looks very good, but I don't know if it will be elite.

The offense will have to lead the way as it should be the strength of next year's team, but NOT with Stetson as the starting QB.  

BVG looks to be the most talented QB with the highest upside and the ability to take our offense to the elite level. 

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't mind SBIV coming back. I just hope this won't hinder us developing young, more talented QBs.