Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What transfer decision of Jermaine Burton really says about Georgia football wide receiver room

Comments

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Replace him with Javon Baker, a 4-star WR Bama plucked out of Georgia... I think he's sitting in the portal. Decent size, good hands and routes, sufficient speed. Bring him back home where he belongs. Go Dawgs!

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

BB will get 10 because he’s a matchup nightmare. Burtons skill set although very good, has always been limited and he’s struggled a bit against SEC competition. I personally thought he’d progress moving into next year and really push for a 1000+ yard season; but business is business. And BB gets more “business” because he’s better for “business”.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have to agree with hooch, no one that has left UGA has blossomed.

Look at the QB situation, no one to rifle the ball to speedy, skilled receivers, Fromm and Bennett have been game managers. Don't see any UGA QB's starting in the NFL, Bama has a couple and a Heisman winner.

What's not to understand, then there's NIL

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Astounding to me that no one, whether in the UGA orbit or national sports shows, has paid any attention to the actual timing of the news from yesterday. JT Leaves... Stetson Stays... JB Leaves. All within what, an hour? Who went to Cali to work out w/JT and bond with the group? Jermaine. Who threw him the ball? JT. Nobody has any inkling that these two are moving on as a package deal? Goodness. Hello! Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and others...... Just sayin'.....

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You will always have ‘team’ players and you’ll ‘me’ players. You always hear there is no ‘I’ in team, well, there may not be an I but dang sure is a ‘me’ in it! Burton made a business decision that will most likely pay him well. Talented young man!

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

People say Bennett doesn't have the height to make all the throws. That's BS. Bryce Young is a half inch taller than Bennett, if that, and he won the Heisman. So that tired old excuse doesn't hold water. If JT played against Bama, his lack of mobility would be on full display. Bama would have dropped him 10X. We saw what JT can do offensively against a good defense. Clemson. 3 points. Let Burton go if he wants. I bet D Rob wishes he'd stayed.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not worried about the WR situation but am about which QB's transfer after spring.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are correct, it's a business decision. Can't fault him there. But the reason it's a business decision comes down to the qb and offensive decisions made by kirby. BB gets 8-10 targets a game, all within 10 yards usually of the line of scrimmage, because that is the arm talent of the qb. And the offensive philosophy of the head coach.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

First, I do not expect Burton to go to AL. The AL wr room is extremely crowded now. AL signed 2 near 5* wr's in the '22 class. IF AL brought in Burton you could expect a couple of '21 class wr's to hit the TP. Players like Agiye Hall, Brooks, Earle and/or Holden. I believe Saban likes those guys better than Burton. Second, I can see Burton following JTD to his next destination. Burton would be JTD go to guy , from day 1, if he followed him. I like Burton. I think he is a good #2 wr when healthy. Seems to struggle with health and I think he saw how really good AD Mitchell is.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want the 5* RB's and to remain RBU you need a pro style ( better prepared wr's) O with run pass balance. It may cost you some wr's but we have seen that UGA can win with balance and the recruits that CKS can bring in. Good luck Mr Burton I'll take AD Mitchell any day of the week. 

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Bennett is probably the reason Bowers has no NFL future. Ha! Brock is as much WR as he is TE and with Bennett as his QB NFL scouts are wishing he was draft eligible now!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes. But I will need some context on why you would ask that. Because I didn't say anything that was that far from the truth.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean... you're a solid starter on the national championship team. What more could you want? I don't understand this and probably never will. I suspect it's just selling yourself for the highest bidder with NIL money.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IF SB can do everything Bryce Young can do then why isn't he considered a top round draft pick? They are almost exactly the same size. One has the ability to make certain throws the other doesn't? MAybe? If not that, then what?