Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Lane Kiffin in Athens reportedly to visit Georgia players JT Daniels and Jermaine Burton

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageLane Kiffin in Athens reportedly to visit Georgia players JT Daniels and Jermaine Burton

ATHENS — Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin posted a photo from the Ben Apps Airport in Athens and a picture of a Bulldog, a strong indication he was in town to meet with Georgia quarterback JT Daniels and explosive receiver Jermaine Burton.

Read the full story here

Comments

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Say what you will but this is an (admittedly) selfish move on Burton’s part. I’m glad Terrance told the truth, but it’s not a good look for a player who transfers due to the reasons he listed. Shows you need playmakers at the skill positions who aren’t prima-donnas…something that’s becoming more and more rare.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lane Kiffin s u x. Seriously. Eff that dude. Just a nasty character. Next goober in the SEC line after Mullet...

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

JT should be looking at teams’ offensive lines. If, while wearing a non-contact jersey, he can get injured by a TE inadvertently bumping into him causing him to be out for weeks, how will he possibly survive an entire season with live fire, especially in the SEC west.

Notre Dame usually has an above average offensive line and all but a couple of games on their schedule are cupcakes. Sounds like a good fit for a QB that is as fragile as a porcelain teacup.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just pray the kid doesn't go to Alabama. If he's healthy he's going to be a weapon. I hope our offense can keep evolving where we can get two to three playmakers on the perimeter. Our next whiteout coach has to be a slam dunk recruiter.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Alabama is loaded and if Burton goes there, he'll have a few to contend with for those catches. If he and Daniels end up at Ole Miss, they'll have to compete with Bama to make the playoffs and Alabama is returning the house. Something like 17 of 21 starters. Of course, at this point in their career, it's more about stats for the next level than another championship.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't especially like an opposing coach on our "home turf", I but guess that's probably very common. Selflessly, I hope both find places where they can succeed; selfishly, I hope it's somewhere we don't ever see them play. Top QB draft picks this year are from Liberty, Nevada, Western Kentucky and Iowa State: that sounds like excellent places to find a school with a weak conference, good Oline and a quality receiver or two.

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

JT has a year to make a name for himself. MS isn't big enough for him. ND or Clemson makes more sense.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Per Ole Miss sources, being viewed as a "package deal" just as I thought. Look for ND, NC, maybe A&M, to follow suit.

• BlairsvilleDawgBlairsvilleDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Interesting that Daniels is running off likely because they moved away from the kind of offense Monken orignally planned to operate with him, and basically Kirby refused to commit to switching back in 2022. This assured the status quo - Bennett starting and players like Vandagriff getting a little garbage time. Uggh. If Smart had handled this with more integrity, JT would have forseen a legit chance to regain his starting role. Bennett likely would have departed. And that would have been for the best.

Instead we are stuck with little Bennett yet again...thanks COVID, the virus that keeps on giving. Bennett is going to be 25. Gee. I believe he's returning just to pick up an NIL deal as well as a lack of better options. He could have gone out on top but what else is he going to do that relates to football? Play arena football or coach high school ball?

Of course, Kirby has always had trouble managing QBs. He'll run off very talented guys because of his allegiance to south GA kids who had to struggle just like him. Could you imagine someone like Caleb Williams coming to UGA and then having to sit behind Bennett because of how locked in Smart gets once he has a starter? It would be nuts for another portal QB to come without something in writing. Now we know what "promises" Bennett was referring to...I suspect Smart’s personal loyalties come into play more than they should.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

It must be a miserable life to go on a tirade against our QB and coach while true Dawg fans are still buzzing from a national championship. Kirby's doing just fine without your expertise. Go cheer for the Gators.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I were Lane, I probably would have stopped in to say hello to Carson Beck while I was in town. Not sure what the rules are on that or anything but he would be a good consolation prize if he can’t get JT.

C'mon man, a south Georgia QB's struggle? In Kirby's 6 years here, 5 of those have had a South Georgia QB at the helm for the most part. Fromm got us to the NC but conservative play calling and poor 4th qtr defense cost us the title. The other one 'Bennett" won the title.

AS a matter of fact, 1980 Buck Belue Valdosta GA., 2021 Stetson Bennett Blackshear GA.

edited January 2022

Vandagriff will be your 2022 starter! In 2023 Bennett will be your QB coach!