Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: UGA players call out fans for online meltdown

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: UGA players call out fans for online meltdown

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,613 (Jan. 20, 2022) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what some Georgia players said in response to the reaction to some fans after a busy day of news involving the transfer portal for the Bulldogs, coupled with the announcement that quarterback Stetson Bennett was returning for his final season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please stop the refreshing!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't even complete the podcast...I tried twice...because of the STûPID refresh.

• BlairsvilleDawgBlairsvilleDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Fans and any other observers have a right to say whatever they like. Players are advised to not read social media sites or football forums. They should focus on the feedback from coaches and ignore everything else. Unless lines are being crossed like someone actually trying to contact or engage a player directly to harass, it's not the players' role to get in social media wars with fans or contingents of fans. The 1st Amendment rules.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BlairsvilleDawgBlairsvilleDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

>>This couldn't be less about the first amendment.<<

You get partial credit since this doesn’t relate to the government trying to limit free speech. But it does relate to free speech in general. A member of the public can react to news in whatever way he or she wishes, so long as the reaction isn’t illegal. Players can comment likewise, though they have been advised to avoid it because of their role as part of the team and program. Overall, though, I don’t give a hoot about 20-year-olds chiding fans about what they “should” or “shouldn’t” say. I suggest that they follow the advice of the staff and ignore social media. People are entitled to their feelings and opinions. If some people don’t like Bennett or have some issue with Kirby and want to express that, or if they have criticisms of anything for that matter, that’s their right and their business.

It's mostly severe homers who do not like it when anyone says anything critical about hallowed coaches or players.

• bgriffin1971bgriffin1971 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Hopefully these kids know that a vast majority of these toxic comments are from a small minority of fans who take to social media to really just vent in a cowardly way about their own unhappiness in their lives. They say stuff they would NEVER say in person because they are just angry with life. All fan bases have these types of idiots. Ignore the noise and keep your head in the real world with your family, friends, and teammates. That's what really matters. The majority of true fans out there love you guys and will support you know matter what! Go DAWGS!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA: Scoring Defense No.1. Scoring Offense No.9. 2021 final ranking No.1 National Champions!

2021 Recruiting: No.3 - maybe the best defensive class in the modern era.

Will open the 2022 season as the clear favorite to win the SEC Eastern division and will be ranked as a top 5 team.

That after sending the most players to the NFL of any team in the SEC and likely the entire nation.

And still - there's a few very vocal UGA fans who are not satisfied. About those few - you just can't satisfy some people.

As for those who will never be happy no matter what. Who cares what they think?

I say, It's Great To Be UGA Fan! The future is very bright and I'm enjoying it for what it is.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

These stats are awesome! I wonder if we can get a profile of where the SEC East teams landed for comparison... AND, more importantly, where do their recruiting classes put them (ideally by position group)? Would be good for a DawgNation article or two, same for SEC West and Pre-season Top 10 non-SEC. While I'm very confident CKS and co. are doing a great job, I'm curious to see how many likely competitors are accelerating their personnel performance... maybe even faster than we are? No clue...

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've falling into the same trap as a lot of the quavering voices. We're pathologically wired to fear the worst. It's almost like I forget that Georgia just won the National Championship.