Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football 2022 roster movement shapes 3 key position groups

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football 2022 roster movement shapes 3 key position groups

Georgia football learned a good bit about some key position groups this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh, the middle will be solid. Have faith in Trez Marshall. I really think he can be a pure tackling machine, like Amarlo Herrera or Rennie Curran both were. Keep Nolan Smith, Adam Anderson, Robert Beal on the outsides . . . a solid secondary (losing Jalen Kimber was the biggest loss) and a promising interior line, the defense can be really good in '22. The only thing missing is game-time experience.

Still really strong at WR and TE, too. O-Line might even be better in '22. RBs . . . just ridiculously deep again. (McIntosh is best all around back since Gurley - as good or better than Sony!)

The only question mark will be QB, again. And, we are not going to stop the harangue over that position until this time next year.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I think the 2022 team is shaping up to be pretty solid...especially considering our schedule. Our receiver production will all depend on who starts at QB. Stet has probably reached his ceiling against the better teams, so I'm certainly not expecting any new revelations regarding his passing ability next season. I REALLY hope we'll see Vandagriff in action on game day. Our defense looks good. Our RB room is stacked. The OL should be pretty good.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

No - just presuming innocence and then assuming CKS will put him on the field at the same time as Beal.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We are still in great shape with talent. I'm beginning to think Gilbert might re-appear on the field soon!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know I shouldn't. I know I shouldn't. But every time I see/hear Gilbert's name mentioned I get my hopes up a little higher. I know I shouldn't...

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What makes you think Stetson has reached his ceiling? He has only gotten better and better… MVP of the CFPs. If he gets the normal spring reps for a starting QB, I could see him having a breakout year in 2022.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What if Burton withdraws his name from the portal and decides to come back? Just sayin. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That would be great but I just don't think he will unless Kirby made a quick receivers hire in Terrance Edwards.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Don’t kid yourself! The “harangue” about the QB position defines Dawg Nation! When was the last time there was anything close to a consensus as to the starting QB? One thing you can take to the bank is Dawg Nation’s love for number two.

This time next year, assuming Stet is not awarded a seventh year, then, heaven help us, there will be half thinking Brock is the next Coming, and the other half will be calling them idiots because Gunner is obviously the Messiah of the QB room!

Kirby, after winning back-to-back national championships, will be called an idiot by both camps because he doesn’t name their man starter during his championship press conference.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior