Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football: Jalen Carter leads Top 5 most valuable returning players on offense, defense

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football: Jalen Carter leads Top 5 most valuable returning players on offense, defense

ATHENS — Georgia football’s landmark achievements will soon shift from the Bulldogs’ 33-18 CFP Championship win over Alabama to a program-record crop of NFL draft picks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Is Arik Gilbert even going to play?

• AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree about vandergroff. He is a stud. Has anyone heard if monken is even going to stay or go back to nfl?

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I certainly hope we see a healthy and motivated Arik. He’d create the ultimate nightmare for defensive coaches, especially if he’s in the game alongside Bowers and Washington. I also hope our 2 time All American (Tykee) is at full speed. I’m not sure why he is left off most of the lists of returning stars next season. Maybe it’s because we really didn’t get to see him much this past year.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Westtndawg....valid question....assuming he will play which could be a big boost to our receiving corps. But, I'll believe it when I see it. REALLY hoping we will see Brock V in the starting position next season, but I have my doubts. Wishing him an incredibly productive Spring.

My question is - why the heck hasn't Beck entered the portal by now? Does Kirby know something he's not telling anyone or does Beck really enjoy warming the bench?

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think if Daijun Edwards got more touches, he'd "break out", too. Shades of D'Andre Swift, IMHO. Go Dawgs!

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Bennett will be QB1, unless he has a bad spring or Monken leaves. I do hope we get to see Vandegriff early and often. He sounds great, but in game performance is my standard. 👍

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

You could be correct. I am basing my opinion on where Brice Young was at this time last year. Brock has more going for him as far as physical tools than either Brice or Stet and for his age, an unmatched football IQ. I have complete faith in Kirby not hesitating to make the change if Brock goes into fall camp healthy and ahead of Stet in his ability to run the offense and with the promise of being elite.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I cannot wait to see Jalen Carter and the rest of these guys hit it big this coming season! AND...who will be the ones that step up that are not on the list, that become stars before the season is over?? Too bad the season is not starting today! LOL.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Totally agree. Especially your first sentence about Arik. If he can get back to his form he had at LSU he will be yet another dangerous weapon for our Dawgs !! Let’s hope so !!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think another name that will be on that breakout list is Daijun Edwards !! He shows huge potential !! He’s made the most of his limited opportunities you can see he has tons of upside !!

• iamaugafaniamaugafan Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

#4 should be D. Edwards not Stetson!🤦🏻‍♂️

• WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

A healthy Dom Blaylock should be high on the list of star power for next season.