Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Amazing Georgia football CFP Championship team records, Jordan Davis cements place in history

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageAmazing Georgia football CFP Championship team records, Jordan Davis cements place in history

ATHENS — There’s a warm feeling in the air around The Classic City, the aftermath of a college football national championship a long time coming.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

With the new advent of high scoring pass attacks and offensive schemes plenty of people said that defense wasn't as important as offense any longer.

I beg to differ. If our defense doesn't show up as they did in the Championship game against Bama, the Dawgs do NOT win the game. Period.

Defense can still win Championships and we just proved it on January 10th. I'll challenge anyone to prove me wrong.

Kudos to the best defense in CFP history!!!

• DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

You only listed five of the 21 school records. Would be interested in the other 16

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

As great as Dan Lanning was this year, Coach Scott was the MVP of the coaching staff! What he has accomplished with the defensive line is amazing. Kudos to Kirby for recognizing a young exceptional coach and bringing him to UGA!

Jordan makes his family and all of Dawgland proud!

• OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cortez Hankton is going to be head coach at LSU. Really?? Wonder if they know tht in Baton Rouge yet? Does anybody read this stuff, or is it just shipped directly to the ages??

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good article, and I appreciate the continued focus on stats. I don’t get one, though: longest win streak… 9 games? Some modifier missing there?🤔

• DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great comment Bubba Bill. But as you recognize the anti Stetson vibe starts with the author. If JT had the record that Stetson has MG would be on the streets collecting money for a statue

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

[ 3-to-1 ratio of UGA fans to Alabama fans]

Whoah, whoa, whoa. Where was this stat generated? You're saying 25% Bama and 75% Georgia fans? I thought it was more like 60-40.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

9 game winning streak? I thought we went 12-0 this year and 4-0 to end 2020 equaling 16 straight.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was a combo of tough defense and determined offense in 4th qtr that won the game. UGA wore down Bama....they looked depleted by end of game.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

OMG…..you are soooooo correct. MG has spent 4 months tearing down Stetson and trying to get JT approved for sainthood. Good grief, it’s been frustrating, but I think most fans recognized what he was doing. Go Dawgs!!!

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Original post was missing “road,” it’s been updated since… glad to see they’re following the comments section 😁

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Shivered together is exactly right, but I don’t think anyone cared! Jordan Davis and the rest of this Dawgs team will go down in GA history! Even though the defense was the show, the offense wasn’t half-bad either. I look forward to continues improvement on that side of the ball next year.

Even though you are critical sometimes, DawgNation appreciates you Mike. Your experience from working around other SEC teams gives you great perspective of the program. I know you will continue to “call it the way you see it” in 2022. Next season promises to be full of intrigue to see how Kirby and the Dawgs handle success. Go Dawgs!

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

DawgOnTheBeachJan 21, 2022

Somebody on one of the many "reaction" videos said that Bennett "loves Georgia more than Georgia loves him". I have to agree.

"DawgOnTheBeachJan 21, 2022

Great comment Bubba Bill. But as you recognize the anti Stetson vibe starts with the author. If JT had the record that Stetson has MG would be on the streets collecting money for a statue

OMG…..you are soooooo correct. MG has spent 4 months tearing down Stetson and trying to get JT approved for sainthood. Good grief, it’s been frustrating, but I think most fans recognized what he was doing. Go Dawgs!!!"

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's actually kinda funny. UGA's defense was so good this year, they made an offense that averaged almost 40 points per game irrelevant. If they have that kind of offensive production every year. I'll take it

And to top that off, the Dawgs had so many impactful players, the likes of Will Anderson, Aiden Hutchinson and Kayvon Thibodeau, that sportswriters and pundits would look foolish trying to pick just one out. So, they didn't...they designated Will Anderson the "best defensive player in the Country", as if he or any of the other aforementioned players could outplay Davis, T Walker, Carter, Wyatt, Tindal, Q Walker, N Smith or... above all, Nakobe Dean (my pick for best defensive player in the Country). So, they just said, "UGA is the best defense in the Country"....that just happened to not have the "best player in the Country" playing for them. I don't buy it!

Each one Of the Dawgs I named, are at the very least equal to Anderson, Hutchinson or Thibodeau. Thibodeau was a Heisman finalist, yet only managed 4 tackles against UGA, while Ojabo had zero tackles. Makes ya wonder about the Heisman and their obvious bias to certain teams (and stats), such as Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, OSU and the like. Manti T'eo (ND) was a finalist in 2012 and looked pedestrian in the BCS game against BAMA.

Heisman winners from the usual suspect consistently under perform when they go head-to-head with SEC schools. Each time this happens, it devalues the Heisman Trophy a little bit more. Heisman, Burlesworth and Mackey Awards have lost a lot of credibility over the years. That's a shame.