Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Whatever happened to… Monte Williams

KibblesNBitsKibblesNBits Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore
edited January 2022 in Off Topic

Just read Sentell’s article on Justice Haynes (come on home Justice!). Was surprised to find out Monte Williams is GAHS all time leading rusher. I was fascinated given the absolute RB legends that have come through this state, and I wasn’t familiar with him at all. I went and YouTube’d some of his old highlights. Kid was electric, small, jukey and lightning fast. Couldn’t find out whatever happened to him: college career or where is he now? Figured if ever I had a lifeline to ask that question it would be on this board. Anybody got any insight on his post high school career, and where is he now?

Comments

• dawggirl81dawggirl81 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

My brothers played football against him in high school, and I saw him play... he was crazy good. Absolutely unstoppable. I heard he got arrested after the final game of the season his senior year-- as in the cops came to the game and arrested him. I think that probably sealed the deal on his future prospects, unfortunately.

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What HS did Monte Williams play for?

• Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was actually thinking it was Buford but yeah I think it was Commerce.

They could've easily picked the kid up somewhere after the game rather than humiliating him like that though. Yeah if u do the crime you've gotta b willing to do the time though.

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Surely someone knows, Commerce to close to Athens for someone not to know. Story of arrest after final game seems implausible but who knows actual story?