Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Of course there’s no quit in Stetson Bennett, zero controversy surrounding return to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageOf course there’s no quit in Stetson Bennett, zero controversy surrounding return to Georgia

ATHENS — There’s nothing controversial about Stetson Bennett’s decision to return to Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great article MG.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

For another QB to start ahead of Stet, it has to be a clear knockout. If it is close and goes to the scorecards, the judges always favor the champion!

• edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Go Bennett Go all Dawgs!

• DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best article MG has ever written concerning Stet -- gone is the negative focus. The only comment I would make is that in the following sentence I would replace ..sees himself.. with ...has proven himself... "Of course Bennett sees himself as an equal, as someone who is capable and not needing any special favors or treatment."

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Dang MG, did you really write this article? I’m impressed that you have finally been converted to the Church of St. Stetson. I’m impressed with you are seeing the light. Peace be with you brother 😉

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

Looks and sounds great now.......lets reevaluate this summer and see how many QBs are left at the start of fall.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've come to accept that this is the type of player and playbook Smart is interested in doing, so I would like Smart to directly accept that and try and not recruit QBs that he knows doesn't fit the model. Look at Bama. Every year you see the starter and then the backup which comes the starter next year if the main starter doesn't return. Saban gets the people he wants and that true Freshman star KNOWS whether he is going to start or not. We, on the other hand, have endless drama and messes. We'll grab every Top QB and then they leave when they don't secure the starting spot. It's a mess. I'm hoping we DON'T get a star QB transfer because then it'll just create more resentment. Take the 3 VERY good QBs you have now and let Vandagriff and Stockton know that they are going to get their shot.

In terms of NIL deal, I think Bennett turned people sour with his GMA interview. Between the fact that he seemed still drunk (understandable) as well as his seemingly arrogant attitude didn't put him in the best spotlight. This was his time to sell himself as the "Rudy" type player and I think it backfired on him. Only time will tell as to whether that's true or not.

Media wants him to be the "Rudy" player and be the Heisman-like player, but the fact is that he did a good job at what Smart designed him to do - manage the game. We didn't win because of him, but we didn't lose either. He did a "B" graded job, but the team wasn't built for high profiling passing and so we didn't need to win because of it.

Anyway, enough said on the topic. Bennett doesn't need to say another thing and I don't really want him asked another question. TALK TO VANDAGRIFF. The spotlight needs to be on him now. 

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Folks on here are always saying Mike is a Bennett Basher. I haven’t really seen it that way. This article is pretty good evidence against that notion. Well-put-together and reasoned, Mr. Griffith.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

It’s possible you haven’t been noticing, but MG Is the ultimate Bennett Basher. He’s been totally unfair all season and then suddenly today he writes a fair and balanced article. I agree this article is good, but that has not been the case all year. He’s been incessantly biased in favor of JT and constantly mocking the Mailman. Thank God he wasn’t picking our starting QBs because we’d be lucky to have won 12 games if he had. Go Dawgs!!!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

According to Wikipedia SBIV was born Oct 28, 1998 making him 23 today. For what it is worth. I find it very interesting that Caleb Williams has not committed to USC yet. UGA is a lot closer to home and UGA is set up for another run at a natty with the right QB. Caleb Williams was very high on UGA before committing to OK. UGA set up with 5* OL and RB's, BBowers and quality wr's just waiting for him.