Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football champions take aim at one another, Senior Bowl competition

SystemSystem Posts: 10,467 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football champions take aim at one another, Senior Bowl competition

MOBILE, Ala. — Eight departing Georgia football players will don the ‘G’ one final time before launching their NFL careers at the Senior Bowl this week while looking to boost their stock for the 2022 NFL Draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tugged at my heart strings...am already missing these elite players. They will be sorely missed.

• Options
    iamaugafaniamaugafan Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

UGA66, I humbly agree!

• Options
    T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

What’s the latest on Stetson?

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Mike Griffith

Mike, I had a question regarding Bennett's age. You've said he is 24, going on 25. In a number of on-line profile sites, his age has been 23 (BD; Oct, 1998) and 24 (BD; Oct, 1997). Sometimes, both ages and birthdays appear in the same article.

Now, Bennett graduated HS and walked on at UGA in 2017. If his Birthday is indeed Oct, 1997 (age 23), that means he was 19 when he graduated and turned 20 in his first walk-on season at UGA. Was he held back a a grade or did he start school late? This time line doesn't make sense. I was 17 when I graduated and turned 18 that summer.

Which birthday is correct? And please don't say, "his Dad said". Cause that Dawg don't hunt. LOL. Father's are known to get ages and Birthdays wrong. My Dad did, I did, some of my friends scratch their head when asked about their kids ages and birthdays. They'll tell you the first thing that comes to mind, and stick to it, till proven wrong, cause they're embarrassed. LOL

BTW, I wrote this question here, because there seems to be an issue with the COMMENT section of your last article. Thanks.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61 His DOB: is 10/28/97.

I hope this helps....

• Options

So, he was 19 when he graduated and turned 20 in Oct 2017....his 1st semester of college.

Why? This is not a typical time line. Just curious, unless it's a secret.

It can't be an academic issue, else he would not have been Accepted @UGA, right?

• Options

In fact, it's not 1, but 2 years to the right of the typical time line. That's why he's 2 years past the typical college graduate age of 22. What's the deal?

• Options

In fact, if I'm not mistaken...Bennett would have been ineligible to compete in High School football in 2016 due to his age (19). According to GHSA rules. At least, to the best of my recollection, that's the way it was when I played.