Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football status atop college football brings greater fame, fortune and scrutiny

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football status atop college football brings greater fame, fortune and scrutiny

MOBILE, Ala. — Georgia football occupies the collegiate football spotlight, the national champions, the “it” program on the rise.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The cream rises to the top. UGA has plenty of cream and it provided a Natty.....and will again.

• Options
    LawDawg23LawDawg23 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited February 2022

First, I agree with your main theme. However, you need some internal consistency. "The Dawgs’ modest but efficient offense sputtered through most of the game" Yet, in the paragraph above it, you point out that the Tide offense managed only 1 TD in 6 trips passed the Dawg 30. That's not sputtering? Monken is a guru, but can only manage to put a modest but efficient offense on the field. Sounds like Saban in the post game interviews. lol

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is good advice... and I bet they'll be doing something like this from now on

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Totally agree !! And Thank You for your dedicated and honorable service to our great state !!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree 100%. It’s gotta become more objective from Griffith. I mean I know it’s a free site; but cmon. Check this out.

Compiled some stats from 2021 (UGA vs Bama): 

Team Passing Efficiency - UGA 4/Bama 7

Offensive scoring - UGA 10/Bama 6 

Offensive efficiency - UGA 2/Bama 3

Rushing offense - UGA 36/Bama 75 

First downs - UGA 9/Bama 2 

Yards per completion - UGA 11/Bama 29

Completion percentage - UGA 28/Bama 16 

Total QBR - Stetson #3 (86.7)/Young #2 (87.6) 

NCAA ALL TIME PASSER EFFICIENCY RATING: Stetson 40/Young 99 

WINNING PERCENTAGE - UGA 1/Bama 4

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Monken Monken"?

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The deeper you dive into statistics the more confusing and sometimes misleading they can become.

Scoring offense. Alabama 39.9. Georgia 38.6. This while GA dealt with overwhelming Receiver injuries during the entire season. The two leading receivers over much of the season were both Freshman.

Georgia blew-out almost every opponent - opting to lean heavily on the run to close out the game during the 4th quarter. How many passing yards and passing touchdowns were left off the board by running out the clock for the final 15 minutes?

I'm ecstatic that OC Monken is coming back. Genius is a good description for how OC Monken managed the 2021 offense.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The deeper you dive into statistics the more confusing and sometimes misleading they can become."

Absolutely, BAMa threw it roughly 160 times more that UGA did and naturally amassed more passing yardage but it didn't translate into much more points than UGA. WE defeinitely could have scored many more points and gotten more passing yardage.

THere were games where I believe we could have just passed the ball down the field at will and racked up many more points but that would have created the potential for interceptions. CKS played it safe and got the RB's some touches. It's all good.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not trying to be negative here, genuinely curious. Has Monken confirmed that he's not interested in an NFL job right now? Seems like there's still plenty of time for that to happen but all reports seem to indicate he's staying put.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

I sure hope the answer to your question is a resounding "YES" as to him coming back!!!

Go Dawgs!