Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN worries about championship letdown for 2022 Georgia football team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageESPN worries about championship letdown for 2022 Georgia football team

Georgia football will look to repeat as champion in 2022.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nah, ESPN, I like our chances this year with our coaching staff, returning players and signees over the last three years.

Go Dawgs! National Champions! 1942, 1980, 2021, ????

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

As long as CKS is at UGA you can expect UGA to compete for championships. The real worry is the same worry every team has every year. As long as Saban is at AL recruiting #1 recruiting classes (and now adding 5*'s through the TP) the smart bet is AL vs the field. Clemson, Ohio State, OK and USC don't have to deal with AL before the playoffs. UGA does.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Next year’s O line should be really, really good. The offense should be better than this year’s was. Obviously, the D will most likely not be as good, but should still be very good. The schedule is favorable. Beating Bama is the biggest hurdle, but it can be done. I don’t see a let down with Kirby at the helm. Mr. Scarborough is probably clueless about the culture Kirby has cultivated at Georgia. At least that what it seems like to me.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BA made a big deal about BAMA only winning the 1 NC since they started scoring more points. OVer 40 per game. THen he says outside of last year. In other words, you can win the NC without having a 45 point a game offense. Well duh, we did it. But what he fails to say is we did it with a "generational" defense. And a higher scoring offense than we have had in some tie. No doubt we average over 40+ points agame if not for CKS calling off the DAWGS in the 4th quarters of blow out games.

What does all of this mean? #1 We did have a high scoring offense even if not one of the tops on paper.# 2 We did have a generational defense, what happens when we don't? #3 If not for BAMA losing it's best 2 receivers to injury and us having a generational defense, BAMA would have won another NC, without a doubt.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

And if Gurley hadn’t got suspended, or Shockley hadn’t got hurt his sr. Year.or knowshon hadn’t been redshirted or if JT hadn’t been hurt almost all of last season.

listen, in order to win a natty luck is a main ingredient.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m so sorry, I couldn’t help but visualize Henry winkler’s character from the water boy making that statement.

😂😂😂

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Correction. LSU missed the playoffs in ‘21

“No champion in the College Football Playoff has won it the next season, but only the 2015 Ohio State team has missed the College Football Playoff the season after winning it all.”

• Options

Steve Spurrier was actually a prophet when he said he felt like the “football gods” would smile on us or something to that affect.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not worried about any championship letdown.

Kirby will remind them; this team hasn't won anything yet. New year, new team.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I’m not an expert at anything but yodeling down groceries into my very ample belly. And I don’t know if our Dawgs will win back to back. But I am Extremely Confident that they will be right there in the top teams competing for it again !! Kirby and our Dawgs are not gonna go whimpering away, you can Believe That !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

You mean because we're losing like 9-11 guys to the draft? Those guys at ESPN are so smart.