Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey provides order in coaches’ NIL discussion, divisional play

2»

Comments

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

What a huge mess greed has created of CFB. Here's an idea. Go to the US judicial system to eliminate the NFL's restriction on drafting players out of high school. If you want to go pro after HS go. It is on you and the NFL to draft you. IF you go to college and play sports you will be an amateur. PERIOD. You get what you get from your school. Legally.

Sounds good in theory, but will probably never happen and could be tied up in the courts for awhile.

You would still have the Corey Bookers of the world spewing their nonsense using the same old code words like "plantation mentality" and that type of baseless rhetoric in regards to what the players receive or don't receive.

Don't think we want the government getting any more involved than they unfortunately already are. JMO

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61....you've got no proof of cheating. It just sounds like you're whining.

Where did Walter Payton play college ball? Jackson State

You don't think a high profile coach and football celebrity can't flip a recruit whose previous commitment was lowly Florida State?

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do I need proof? LOL. Are you saying that, where there is billowing smoke, the probability of fire, does not exist? I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. But, if I were you, I'd keep an open mind and not get to invested in that approach.

In my 60 years, I've seen a lot. And, one thing has remained constant; if you are depending on the very people that profit the most from corruption to provide you proof of corruption...you're never going to get it. So, who profits, right? Moreover, the question may be, who gets hurt? Don't expect proof to come out, until the right people have something to lose or the wrong people have something to gain.

BTW, I never stated that what they are doing is cheating. I don't know what cheating in the NCAA even looks like anymore. LOL

And, Walter Payton is a poor example, my friend. He played high school ball at about the same time I did and didn't play a game until his Junior year...after his Brother graduated. The biggest school to recruit him, was Kansas St. and, no SEC school recruited him. This all went down during the integration...desegregation of schools. He chose to play for a historically black university. At the time, they got more TV exposure than any one NCAA school due to the "1 appearance/yr rule". I used to watch Grambling play almost every Saturday. They had a lot of kids go on to play in the NFL. Jackson State of the 1970's, isn't Jackson State of the 2000's. No comparison, find another.

If a University can be FINED for their fans "storming the field" or held responsible for a few fans throwing objects on the field or at players and coaches....where does the SEC and NCAA stand on Booster/NIL interference and misbehavior? Is it defined in the by-laws or rules? Who is monitoring the process? Where is the accountability?

If it doesn't add up to sanctioned cheating, I don't know what does.

Is it indeed Cheating? If all Universities that participate in the NCAA and compete, are afforded the SAME NIL opportunities, then it's not cheating. If any one University gains an advantage due solely to their ability to provide more money through Booster/NIL support...well, let's just call it what it is...sanctioned cheating.

NCAA RULE # 32----The rich WILL get richer...the poor SHALL get poorer and Ne'er the twain shall meet on a level playing field.

LOL...This is hilarious. College football's leaders should have been in front of this process and the decision handed down by the Supreme Court. Through their own willful inefficiency and arrogance, they've completely lost control of College Sports. Wave goodbye, everybody.

At some point...I assume, when the pain is felt the most, all Power 5 Conference University Presidents and Commissioners will come together, create their own rules and push the NCAA out. The NCAA has become a relic, whose time has passed.

Right now, the motivation to cooperate and the trust between Conferences isn't there. But, it's coming, and, probably sooner than even they know. Pain precedes diagnostics...diagnostics precedes treatment...treatment precedes healing. They haven't felt enough pain to motivate diagnostics or treatment. Until they do, it's only going to get worse.

I'm just glad UGA's on the right side of this thing. Could you imagine them trying to build in the late 1990's under the present conditions...BAMA either, for that matter. USC, LSU, TENN, MIA, ORE, TEX, TEX A&M, Syracuse, OSU, MICH...those, are among the schools that would have benefited most from NIL non-rules back then and they would be on top, right now. Bad luck for them...good luck for UGA. LOL, bout time!

The enticement to outright cheat has never been greater...and, neither has the ability to get away with it. That's why it's being called the Wild Wild West. Train robbery, stage coach hold-ups, gun fights in the street...coaches firing at each other, Boosters bidding on players, etc., etc. etc.. Heck, I don't know what's more fun to watch anymore...College football on the field or College football off the field. LOL